We are building a new team of Windows Operations Specialist in NNIT in Prague. NNIT is currently looking for an experienced Windows Server and Patch Specialist to join our growing Global Operation Services department.
The team consists of +40 people, already situated in Denmark, and the Philippines. The team is working as an integrated team sharing a pool of tasks and responsibilities in a 24×7 operation setup. In the Czech Republic, you will work during the standard business hours (f.e. 8 – 16:30).
The primary focus areas are ensuring stable operations and meet the service and quality levels we have promised to our customers.
The team works closely together with other service lines from our IT Operations Services division, responsible for everything from infrastructure and applications to complete orchestration and support of our customers’ IT solutions. Our work processes are based on best practices and our procedures follow ITIL standards (IT Infrastructure Library).
As a Windows Server and Patch Specialist in NNIT you will be part of a highly skilled and experienced global team focusing on ensuring that our customers’ server operations are running smoothly. You will be responsible for a broad range of tasks, which include:
- Microsoft server operation in all aspects, in daily operations including what implies of actions to be taken when critical incidents occur
- Cross-technological troubleshooting and root-cause analyses, i.e. in taskforces and Major Incidents
- Challenging and complex assignments on a daily basis within supportive processes, criticalities factors, regulatory requirements and audits
- Handle tasks according to processes, documentation, quality and GxP demands
- Microsoft server patching and patch management at an enterprise level
- Planning and performing security patch roll outs at a continuous level for our customers’ Windows servers
- Assess, coordinate and orchestra security patch cycles together with relevant stakeholders
- Handling roll out of packages in present system management tools (currently HPSA) –
You will be part of a global delivery team collaborating on assignments in a multi customer setup. As a Windows Specialist your responsibilities will also include a leading role in the coordination of global operation activities ensuring good cross-customer quality and alignment of our services.
It is expected that you are able to participate in planned patch service windows together with the global team; even outside normal business hours should this occur. You will also be a part of on-call duty (1 week including a weekend in 6-7 weeks).
Your qualification and experience
- At least 3 years of experience with Windows OS
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Security patch management on an enterprise level
- At least some experience in technologies and tools such as HyperV, VMware, Cloud and even HPSA (Server Management Tool)
- Understanding of general process frameworks (ITIL)
- Solid experience with processes such as Incident-, Problem-, and Change handling.
- You are a professional in English, both spoken and written
It is an advantage if you:
- Are certified in ITIL, Windows OS (2012, 2016 and 2019) and enhanced technologies
- Have a good understanding of requirements for delivering to highly regulated industries e.g., GxP standards or similar
It is crucial that you understand your role as operations specialist, and that you contribute to and take part in the daily routines within your working area, but at the same time are able to cope in a company with many interfaces to other technology areas and departments.
- 5 weeks of vacations/year
- 5 sick days/year
- Possibility to work from home
- Referral program
- Cafeteria flexible spending account (12,000 CZK/year)
- Meal vouchers in the amount of 100 CZK per workday (55 CZK is covered by NNIT)
- Fully covered MultiSport card enabling free entry to sports facilities in the Czech Republic
- Free breakfasts on Mondays and monthly Friday Bars (free beer and snacks)
- Free fruits and vegetables
- The wide selection of tea and coffee for free
- Yoga classes in the office on Mondays
- Height-adjustable tables, relax zones with Xbox, PlayStation, and ping pong
- Czech and Danish language lessons
- Annual flu vaccination for free