Evropská 2591/33E, 160 00 Praha 6, Czech Republic
Role: VAT Compliance Specialist
Contract type: full time
At Carrier we make modern life possible by delivering innovative and sustainable ground-breaking systems and services that matter for people and our planet. We exceed the expectations of our customers by anticipating industry trends, working tirelessly to master and revolutionize them. This is why we come to work every day. And we do it The Carrier Way.
Join us and we can make a difference together.
About the role:
The individual will be involved in the process of defining and shaping Carrier’s EMEA VAT compliance function. This includes working with various internal stakeholders and external partners to identify, map and take ownership of VAT compliance related processes.
We are committed to offering competitive benefits programs for all of our employees and enhancing our programs when necessary.
Among the many benefits, Carrier offers Exciting innovative environment, possibility for further development and international career opportunities, high-profile team, daily use of English and other foreign languages, language courses, Competitive remuneration and other benefits (meal vouchers, contribution to life or pension insurance, holidays etc.), Flexible working hours, possibility for home office, sick day.
We are looking for people who are creative, proactive, decision-makers, team workers and effective communicators. If this is you, get in touch!
- Support with transitioning the VAT compliance processes from Carrier’s Finance organization and external advisors to the new EMEA VAT Compliance function
- Standardize Carrier’s VAT compliance processes in the EMEA region
- Act as central point of contact for EMEA VAT compliance for a number of countries and Carrier entities
- Review the VAT data and reports of Carrier’s operations
- Prepare, review and approve VAT returns and other VAT related filings, e.g. EC Sales Lists, Intrastat, digital filings
- Provide support during routine audits and support with answering standard queries from tax authorities
- Support Carrier businesses with claiming back foreign VAT
- Follow up on legislative changes and business changes in order to ensure that the systems and/or processes are updated
- Support the business with determining how new tax requirements or business changes will impact VAT processes
- Perform VAT compliance process reviews to identify potential issues / weaknesses
- Continuously work on process improvement with the VAT compliance and local finance teams
- Participate in VAT trainings / VAT update sessions hosted for the VAT compliance team
- Communication, collaboration, and coordination with other members of the tax group, as well as other headquarter and business functions as appropriate and necessary
- Manage relationships with outside advisors
- Maintain database of tax policy and procedures
- 3+ years of VAT compliance experience within the EMEA region
- Understanding of the basic technical principles of VAT or willing to learn them
- Ability to identify and prioritize key opportunities and risks related to VAT compliance processes
- Understanding of the role ERP systems play in the VAT compliance process
- Experience with working with an ERP system (e.g. SAP, JDE, Oracle)
- Strong oral and written English language skills required; Additional language skills a plus
- The position will have anticipated travel of 5%
- Certified Public Accountant or equivalent, and/or other financial certification, and/or advanced degree in tax law preferred
Our commitment to you
Our greatest assets are the expertise, creativity and passion of our employees. We strive to provide a great place to work that attracts, develops and retains the best talent, promotes employee engagement, fosters teamwork and ultimately drives innovation for the benefit of our customers. We strive to create an environment where you feel that you belong, with diversity and inclusion as the engine to growth and innovation. We develop and deploy best-in-class programs and practices, providing enriching career opportunities, listening to employee feedback and always challenging ourselves to do better. This is The Carrier Way.
Join us and make a difference.
Carrier is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.