About the job
Lead the coordination and oversight of medical function within the framework of Sanofi Vaccines business strategy and area of expertise across PME (Partnership Markets Europe) Countries (SECE, Bulgaria, Slovakia and Baltic countries, 14 countries in total) as well as Greece and Cyprus.
- Lead development, execution and follow up of agreed medical plans across PME, Greece and Cyprus.
- Ensures scientific monitoring and expertise on company vaccines and diseases. Constantly monitor medical and epidemiological data and provide scientific information and advice to medical contacts across the area of responsibility as well as to the other functions to contribute to strategic priorities, including scientific competitive intelligence.
- Strategic partner to other functions in development and execution of Brand plans, including the medical strategy, across the areas or responsibility. Provides support, reviews and advice on local Strategic/Tactical priorities and plans.
- Collect and disseminate regular updates regarding product or disease-related information to and from the areas of responsibility (tracks, reviews and circulates the latest insights, scientific information and publications regarding the vaccines environment, Sanofi vaccines and competitors).
- Provide support to country medical managers to lead/plan/contribute/participate in external Medical activities (e.g. advisory board, symposia, congresses, stand-alone events).
- Ensures adequate scientific development and engagement of stakeholders according to the agreed Medical Plans.
- Collect relevant insights and ensure adequate dissemination both within areas of responsibility and within MCO, Europe as well as to franchise.
- Provides and contribute to disease and product knowledge training to medical staff across the areas of responsibility.
- Provides scientific expertise in the development and review of promotional materials
- Support countries of responsibility regarding product scientific expertise to Regulatory Affairs, Department for registration support, labeling changes, or when requested by health authorities. Provides scientific expertise in the preparation of reimbursement dossiers, or inscriptions into drug lists/formularies.
- Identifies needs and opportunities of clinical studies (global, local, medical) in the area of expertise according to strategy
- In coordination with local medical managers give expertise and advice to the Clinical Operations Team in finding appropriate investigators, developing and reviewing study protocols and CRFs according to need.
- In coordination with medical managers give scientific advice/support to the Clinical Operations Team during the course of the study
- Identifies, collects and reports to the affiliate Pharmacovigilance Unit, according to the relevant local pharmacovigilance procedures, all adverse events as well as all safety information concerning the Sanofi Group’s products, within one working day.
- Ensure that country medical managers follow agreed quality processes.
- Education: Degree in a scientific discipline (MD, PharmD, PhD, MSc). Degree in Medicine or board certification in the area of expertise (e.g. vaccines, infectious diseases) is an advantage
- Experience & knowledge: at least 5-10 years of previous experience in pharmaceutical business / health care / scientific research, preferably in leading roles with management responsibility, coordination and leadership across countries and cultures with experience of the geographic area of Central and South Eastern Europe, Baltics, Greece. Experience and knowledge in the area of vaccines is preferable.
- Strong track record in developing and executing medical strategy
- Experience working within an international company and the ability to operate in a matrix, team-oriented environment
- Significant leadership experience
- Strong business acumen and strategic ability
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Good understanding of medical, marketing, regulatory, financial, logistic and legal aspects, as well as their impact on the affiliate business
- Strategic view of the pharmaceutical industry
- Computer literacy: advanced knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook
- Excellent English language skills, good knowledge in other relevant languages is a plus.
Pursue progress, discover extraordinary
Better is out there. Better medications, better outcomes, better science. But progress doesn’t happen without people – people from different backgrounds, in different locations, doing different roles, all united by one thing: a desire to make miracles happen. So, let’s be those people.
At Sanofi, we provide equal opportunities to all regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.
ALL IN video
and check out our Diversity Equity and Inclusion actions at
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.