Travel and Expenses Specialist with Spanish
28! That is the number of countries we support from travel & expense perspective in the Novartis T&E Operations Team in NGSC Prague. We are responsible for complex activities within T&E by executing accounting related matters, processing of expense reports, handling credit card and compliance related matters, implementing new technologies and automated solutions and heading thus step by step to AI driven finance
The purpose of the role is to provide expert advice to superiors for Financial Reporting & Accounting and manage the reporting and accounting requirements for the general ledger; to ensure compliance with external and internal accounting reporting requirements in a timely and accurate manner.
This is a temporary job with a duration of 12 months.
Your key responsibilities:
- Provide accurate and timely assistance and customer-oriented support for incoming queries and issues related to T&E processes and systems through the role as operational SME and 2nd level support
- Support a strong control environment, follows-up on audit issues and supports to implement correcting measures
- Support continuous improvement of services in quality and effectiveness in close collaboration with line manager and peer colleagues, isolates problem trends and ensures that troubleshooting efforts are completed for recurring problems until permanent solutions are found
- Champion in customer service attitude enabling a highly collaborative environment towards internal and external stakeholders
- Process credit card related matters (application, inquiries, dunning process on overdue balances on credit cards), travel requests, advance payment requests and expense reports in line with Novartis Expense Manuals and flags any incompliance in a timely manner
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams representative of the patients and communities we serve.
- What you’ll bring to the role:
- Fluency in English and Spanish is mandatory
- Experience with administrative tasks
- Ambition to learn new things
Monthly pension contribution matching your individual contribution up to 3% of your gross monthly base salary; Risk Life Insurance (full cost covered by Novartis); 5-week holiday per year; (1 week above the Labour Law requirement) ; 4 paid sick days within one calendar year in case of absence due to sickness without a medical sickness report; Cafeteria employee benefit program – choice of benefits from Benefit Plus in the amount of 12,500 CZK per year; Meal vouchers in amount of 90 CZK for each working day (full tax covered by company); Public Transportation allowance; MultiSport Card. Find out more about Novartis Business Services: https://www.novartis.cz/
Why consider Novartis?
769 million lives were touched by Novartis medicines in 2020, and while we’re proud of this, we know there is so much more we could do to help improve and extend people’s lives.
We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what's possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying!
Imagine what you could do here at Novartis!
Join our Novartis Network:
If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
Accessibility and accommodation:
Novartis is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to all individuals. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the recruitment process, or in order to receive more detailed information about the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please include the job requisition number in your message.