What You will Do
As Technical Consulting Engineer you will work on complex and in-depth problems requiring strong analytical, problem solving, engineering, and communication skills. You will be responsible for driving successful resolution of technical issues reported by customers and thinking on innovative ways to avoid issues in the future. You will be a trusted advisor for our customers
The problem resolution path involves in-depth research on technical topics, reproduction of customer’s environments and issues using TAC lab equipment comprising all Cisco products, technical exchange and discussions with product development and engineering teams, interaction with Cisco Technical Leaders and, very importantly, strong communications skills in order to interface effectively with Customers and internal stakeholders.
You will represent Cisco every day and, in every case, and always thinking in the best interest of our Customers.
You will also detect potential design issue in the customer network to provide best practices and suggestions for customers to implement their solutions in the most efficient way.
Who You’ll Work With
The Service Provider team is an amazing group of engineers that deliver quality technical support services for Cisco hardware and software products on a worldwide basis via phone, email, web and remote access for Service Provider infrastructures. Collaboration within the team and with other teams across all of Cisco is a key value. Active development within the role and other areas technology areas is also part of our culture.
Who You Are
- Experience in Service Provider network environments is highly desired with excellent use of IOS-XR: configuration, deployment, and troubleshooting capabilities
- Knowledge in protocols/features like: Routing protocols (ISIS, OSPF, and certainly BGP), Multicast, and all MPLS technologies: MPLS L3VPN. MPLS L2VPN, EVPN technologies, as well as Segment Routing.
- Familiarity with service provider platforms like: ASR9k, NCS5k, NCS500, NCS6k, CRS, 8000.
- Knowledge in installing/upgrading IOS-XR, QOS, management, and HSRP/ VRRP / DHCP/ LACP is desired.
- Experience in broadband (Edge and Aggregation, Cable, Broadband Network Gateway, timing protocols) is desired but not mandatory.
- Basic understanding of Linux/UNIX and familiarity with virtualization is an extra
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills in customer service
- Passion and demonstrated ability to learn and work in a multicultural environment
- A great and collaborative teammate
- University degree (typically Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in engineering) or equivalent work experience involving customer exposure
- Proficient English
- Ability to perform and achieve goals with limited supervision
- Proven crisis management skills