The Solution Architect is accountable for proactively and holistically supporting EA activities within the Product Groups and Platforms that fit within the overall Enterprise Architecture and meet the product group strategy. Solutions Architects provides the necessary leadership, analysis and design tasks related to the development of a product or a set of products within a product group. S/He works closely with DevOps / development teams and suppliers to secure that the value planned will be delivered in the most optimal way according to the product strategy and the overall value for money objectives linked to the IS/IT strategy.
The Solution Architect is also accountable for supervising the design as well as the integration execution within the scope of their product / product group / platform, collaborating with the integration platform team. S/He owns solution architecture specification.
• Bachelor’s degree in business or computer science, systems analysis or a related study, or equivalent experience
• 5+ years of experience in at least two IT solution development disciplines, including technical architecture, network management, application development, middleware, database management or operations
• Understanding of agile methods and processes, and capability of supporting agile project teams by providing advice and guidance on opportunities, impact and risks, taking account of technical and architectural debt
• Ability to understand the long-term (“big picture”) and short-term perspectives of situations
• Effectively communicates in English at different levels in the organisation
• Experiences working in a global environment and with virtual teams
Strategy development – under the supervision and guidance of her/his primary Community of Practice Lead and Head of Enterprise Architect, Head of Stream/Head of Platforms based in Switzerland
• Manages and develops the architecture for a broader scope of products / platforms, working closely with application architects that manage and design architecture for a single product or product group
• Delivers the architectural design for products or product groups and inputs to the roadmap by utilizing knowledge of defined reference architectures, technology trends, and implementation experience in order to translate a business need into a solution blueprint that represents an end-to-end technical solution
• Facilitates the evaluation and selection of software product standards and services, as well as the design of standard and custom software configurations
• Defines the guidelines, standards and solution patterns to ensure product-based decisions are aligned with the enterprise’s future-state architecture vision