BlaBlaCar is the world’s leading carpooling platform, created with one dream in mind: leveraging technology to fill the millions of empty seats on the road. We offer long- and short-distance carpooling as well as a bus marketplace, with the mission to become the go-to marketplace for shared road mobility.
Today, our community counts over 100 million travelers in 22 countries, creating a smarter, friendlier and carbon-saving transport network. Every year, our community saves 1.6 million tons of CO2e by sharing the road, equivalent to the CO2 emissions generated by Paris traffic in a year. But it doesn’t stop here – our team of 250+ engineers is developing innovative algorithms to further unlock the potential of shared travel and multiply its impact.
We’re looking for people to join our journey – people who care, who are driven by impact and innovation, and who want to thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment. We offer a flexible workplace where we count on each other to take initiative. So join the ride – we can’t wait to see where it takes you.
System and Network Engineer’s mission is to provide world-class IT services and solutions across the company in a secure way.
The role is to identify, implement and maintain the best Network and Software solutions enabling the company teams members to work with efficiency and productivity.
System and Network Engineer ensure Level 2-3 support of the solution she/he put in place, and manage continuous improvement of setup and processes. She/He ensures the security availability and reliability of the IT services.
System and Network Engineer works with her/his pair in the IT Ops team and collaborate mainly with the Security team and Facilities.
- Design, set up, administrate and monitor the IT infrastructure and Network, ensuring Level 2-3 support.
- Ensure the infrastructure is updated with the last versions with continuity of service.
- Develop and maintain support processes and procedures for the IT Support group.
- Update and protect all the hardware equipment (Computers, Offices devices, Printers).
- Manage back-up and archive of setup and data.
- Measure and optimize performances of Operating Systems.
- Implement security policies, permissions, and procedures in conjunction with the company’s security team. Set up SSO with other SaaS platforms.
- Contribute to the initiation and execution of projects improving the IT infrastructure.
- Develop scripts for IT tasks automation
- Be part of the IT Ops “on-call” roster
- All Company countries
- All hardware equipment in offices (endpoints, meeting room equipment, network equipment, IoT devices, mainly anything related to IT and connected to the office network,..etc)
- Users’ technical working environment (Mac, PC, Chromebook, Printers solution…)
- Office softwares (Google Workspace, Slack, Microsoft Office 365, Atlassian products, …) and MDM platforms (Azure, Intune, Jamf, G-Workspace).
- IT tasks Automation (with Powershell/Shell/Python and Workato platform)
- All Networks managed by BlaBlaCar (Cisco Meraki).
- 3+ years of experience in IT Operations, with a significant part in high-growth technology companies (start-up/scale-up) and fast-moving environments.
- Solid knowledge of IT Infrastructure, LAN, WAN, Firewall/security, and cloud technologies (CCNA certification)
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills with the ability to communicate and collaborate with others parties and stakeholders.
- Automation Script development capacity and understanding of DevOps methodologies
- Experience in collaborating with Security teams and in SaaS tools deployment and administration
- Autonomy and ability to manage some IT Ops projects
- Fluent in English and French
If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you’d still be a great fit for this role in your application!
What we have to offer:
- An international environment: over 35 nationalities across 7 countries: Brazil, France, Germany, Poland, Russia, Spain, and Ukraine.
- ⚖️ A flexible workplace: with our hybrid remote setup and family-friendly policies, we are masters of our own schedules and work-life balance, no questions asked.
- A culture of sharing: 360 onboarding weeks, weekly team-all BlaBlaTalks to learn about what other teams are up to, Q&A sessions with our leadership, shared company KPIs, ‘Fail, Learn, Succeed’ moments where we destigmatize and share moments of failure with others.
- Innovation: Coding Nights to pitch ideas outside our roadmap and make dev’ dreams come true, weekly Product & Tech Demos and blogs to share engineering stories, and access to top conferences across Europe.
- Impact: building a product that has a real impact on society and the environment, and sharing an office culture that prioritizes low-waste and eco-friendly practices.
- People-first: wind down from work at our weekly breakfasts and afterworks, or show off your talent at our annual BlaBlaShow.
- Shared company principles that guide us in our everyday decision-making and bring us closer to our goal. Find out more about our BlaBlaPrinciples.
Your Future Benefits:
- Tailor-made remote policy: from 2 days per week to full remote* (to be discussed with the Talent Acquisition Manager during the first call).
- A fair and competitive salary package
- Employee Stock Ownership plan
- Holidays: 10 days off in addition to the legal 25 days
- Relocation package and visa sponsorship to welcome you wherever you are currently based
- Parental policy
- Trainings and career development programs
- Free carpooling & bus rides wherever whenever
Interested in joining the ride?
a 60-min video-call with <a href="https://