Software Architecture (advanced)
Software Architecture (advanced)
WHO WE ARE:
Tealium is the most trusted and world’s largest independent customer data platform. Tealium connects customer data – spanning web, mobile, offline, and IoT devices — so brands can connect with their customers. Tealium’s turnkey integration ecosystem supports more than 1,300 client-side and server-side vendors and technologies, empowering brands to create a unified, real-time customer data infrastructure.
Tealium’s customer data solutions encompass tag management, an API hub, a customer data platform with machine learning and AI, and data management solutions that make customer data more valuable, actionable, and secure. Tealium has been a trusted provider of customer data solutions for more than a decade, and more than 850 top businesses worldwide including Microsoft, Hyatt, Gap, HSBC and Novartis rely on Tealium to power their customer data strategies.
Team Tealium works and lives across the U.S. and in nearly 20 countries across the world. We are intentional about our culture, our investment in our team members and how we care and connect.
Tealium = Teal + Helium. Teal: a vibrant reflection that evokes authenticity, trustworthiness, reliability, open communication and clarity of thought. Helium: we rise above, a kinetic force that elevates our customers’ and our experiences beyond all others.
We win together with respect and appreciation for the talents required of all positions and the people who contribute to each of these.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
The Staff Software Engineer position will be responsible for designing and implementing software solutions aimed at solving real-time, customer data delivery challenges.
YOUR DAY TO DAY:
- Work closely with other software engineers, architects, operations engineers and product managers.
- Participate in our Agile/SCRUM process.
- Set realistic expectations for engineering delivery.
- Coach and mentor your team members.
- Help maintain high-quality standards within the team by working with managers, architects, and other senior members of the team.
- Establish and champion good coding and test practices.
- Play an active role in code reviews.
- Proactively and continuously assess opportunities for development and process improvements, and be the internal champion of these proposed improvements.
- Evaluate and investigate alternatives to existing solutions, proposing new designs and technologies.
- Participate in operational related discussions.
- Design maintainable, testable code with high test coverage requirements.
- Create designs to support short, iterative delivery cycles.
WHAT YOU BRING TO TEALIUM:
- You have BS, MS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related discipline.
- You have 7+ years Java development experience.
- You have 1+ years in a technical leadership or architectural role.
- You have strong knowledge of modern software engineering principles, patterns and best-practices.
- You are experienced in designing and supporting high traffic, highly available systems.
- You are able to effectively explain technical concepts to team members, architects, and managers.
- You have extensive experience deploying software to a cloud platform environment – AWS.
- You have understanding of modern DevOps concepts.
- You are familiar with Docker, Kubernetes, Serverless, Terraform, infrastructure as code.
- You have extensive experience with NoSQL, as well as relational data stores.
- You are experienced with distributed messaging and streaming technologies such as Kafka.
- You are capable of delivering on multiple competing priorities with little supervision.
- You have strong communication and leadership skills (English B2+).
WHAT ARE SOME OF THE WOWs ABOUT TEALIUM:
At Tealium, we don’t just offer the ordinary, we provide the extraordinary:
– Tealium WOWs (Ways of Work), our award winning culture is how with think, act and connect together at Tealium
– Mosaic, our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion is grounded in our mosaic of diverse perspectives and shared belonging as we live in work across the US and in nearly 20 countries
– Tealium Cares, to promote caring in our communities, 15 hours of paid work time for volunteer activities and programs is offered annually
– Tealium Connects (remote-first working), enabling many of us to choose where we do our best work and offering new hire stipends to assist with purchasing things we need to support a successful home office environment
– Tealium Ownership, share in the success of Tealium by becoming an owner of Tealium beginning with new hire equity grants
– Tealium Time, unlimited paid time-off policy to offer flexibility to take time when needed and robust leave programs, including extended paid parental leave and company holidays
– Healium, health and wellness programs to help us be our best selves in the experiences of health, physical, mental, social, and even financial well-being and wellness
– Healium Be-Well Break, an annual all-company paid shutdown to provide a true break for us all
– Tealium LIFT (Learning is Facilitated at Tealium), offering a myriad of professional development opportunities with over 6,000 courses available on demand to best-in-class manager and leadership development programs
– Health and Related Benefits Programs, offering market competitive benefits programs
Collectively, we contribute our individual pieces (identity, experiences, heritage, backgrounds, religions, viewpoints, gender and more ) to form the mosaic of Team Tealium. It is our continuing philosophy to recruit and employ the best qualified individuals without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, and/or any other protected characteristic. Tealium does not tolerate unlawful discrimination of any kind and strives to be an inclusive and respectful workplace.
The highly relevant and differentiated positioning of Tealium’s solutions makes this a unique and rewarding career opportunity.