We’re looking for a Staff Backend Engineer
to develop Ramp’s core settlement engine with the rest of the engineering team. Someone who is excited by the possibilities of working on the intersection of FinTech and blockchain
, focused and deeply detail-oriented.
You will take technical ownership of our internal applications and shape and define the direction of Ramp’s technology according to the best industry standards. You will take an active role in powering our technical growth, scaling teams and researching how to build better products.
TypeScript, nestJS (Node.js framework), PostgreSQL, RabbitMQ.
Why is this role a great opportunity for you?
- you will have an enormous impact on our architecture, scaling, team, and good practices we use,
- results of your work will be fundamental to Ramp’s success,
- you will take the lead on very challenging projects including architecture transformations and scaling,
- thanks to your knowledge and experience you will be able to unlock our team’s full potential, be a mentor, and share knowledge,
- you will be able to constantly improve our software, processes, and the way we work,
- on top of the above, we are going to fully support your own growth so you won’t stop learning.
Your future work will include:
- improving our technical excellence – be a guide and a leader of the technical transformations that we see ahead of us,
- setting technical direction – take ownership of defining which direction we are going to go with our technology
- exploring – feeling adventurous? At Ramp you will be able to explore cutting edge technologies to provide the best solutions for our growing systems,
- scaling – be a part of scaling our systems but also our tech teams. We give the ability to become a Tech Lead to engineers that feel like that’s the path they want to take
- leadership – mentor and support our development teams. Always look at how to improve processes and tools that we are using to drive better product outcomes.
What we are looking for in candidates:
- 6+ years of experience in building sophisticated and scalable backend systems,
- track record of being a team mentor,
- being passionate about what you do,
- readiness to work in a rapidly scaling up startup,
- experience in either fintech (payment services) or blockchain (exchanges or dApps) is not a must but definitely a bonus point,
- experience with high availability and scaling backend systems is nice to have,
- outcome over output approach.
Here’s the rest of our stack if you’re interested:
Frontend: TypeScript, react, jest.js, CSS (SCSS + CSS Modules), MobX.
DevOps: Google Cloud Engine, Docker, CircleCI and others.
Blockchain: Solidity, web3.js, ethers.js.
Our recruitment process
1. HR Phone interview – 30 min
2. Lifestyle interview – 60 min
3. Home-based task
4. Technical interview – 60 min
PLN 30 500 – 39 500 net on an invoice on a B2B contract (or equivalent on an employment contract),
stock options in a rapidly growing company
26+ fully paid holidays
(or more if you need it),
comfy workspace located in Warsaw
work from home is also an option,
♀️ private health care
package and Multisport Plus
card for you and your partner – fully on us,
newest Mac or laptop with Windows or Linux, and any other tools you may need,
being part of one of the hottest crypto startups
crypto purchases via Ramp
the yearly self-development and conference budget of USD 3500 to help you grow,
⛰️ annual company retreat,
️ English lessons,
making decisions having an impact and a super high level of ownership.
Ramp is an equal opportunity employer. What this means in practice is that your race, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, or age won’t affect our recruitment decisions. We’ll focus solely on your skills and experience the potential for growth and attitude.
Do you fear you won’t fit in? 90%+ of Ramp’s team agreed with the following statement: While I occasionally felt like a misfit in other workplaces/firms, I feel a sense of belonging here at Ramp.
Psst. If you’re not the one, but someone you know might just be the perfect fit? Let them know!
We are Ramp
Blockchain is changing the world and has the potential to turn it upside down. We know that it is time to reverse the model we got used to, where the top 1% decide on everything. Blockchain democratises entertainment and wealth, builds new opportunities for community-driven innovation and shakes up the ancien regime. We’re inches away from the paradigm shift and Ramp is here to help move the needle.
The bottom-up revolution is already on the move and there is still some space onboard. Ramp is here to use the knowledge of finance and technology to make business more open to everyone to join in and make crypto easier. Interacting with crypto-powered apps still feels intimidating for most. We work to unlock a future where crypto is as easy to use as eCommerce is today.
We believe in technology-driven change. We are a part of the decentralised revolution. For us, that means adding value to the world through an individual approach and critical eye. Our operating framework is built on passion & hunger. We gathered the best-in-class team to work together on things that matter. We want you to feel challenged and motivated by the company you have and give the same feeling to your teammates.
If you share our values and approach, there is a space for you at Ramp!