What You’ll Do
Our team of 6 people is growing and currently we are looking for a tech lead with strong Java development experience to work with us in an international environment in downtown Prague, Czech Republic as a part of the Advanced Threat Defense team spanning across Prague, CZ, Silicon Valley (San Jose), CA, Calgary, Canada, and London, UK.
We expect you to
- do architecture and design decisions the team can follow while implementing new features
- be an active part of an engineering team and implement together with them
- influence the architecture of the whole product so it can handle large data from both the volume and the throughput standpoint
- be an advocate for best practices, educate the team, implement these, and make sure they are followed
Who You’ll Work With?
The Cognitive Intelligence Research and Development (R&D) team within Cisco develops innovative capabilities in the cyber security domain that provide outstanding insight into the misuse of the customer computing infrastructure. This enables our customers to protect their critical assets against current and future cyber threats.
Who You Are?
Are you an enthusiastic backend engineer who truly believes building systems is much more than just gluing few libraries together? Do you enjoy solving hard engineering problems instead of just scratching the surface? Do you rejoice in elegant architecture and design and seeing them come to reality? Then this is the job for you, we look forward to receiving your application and CV!
Our requirements for this role:
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or in a related engineering field
- proven experience of developing backend-heavy systems in Java or Scala (or on JDK in general)
- Strong understanding of the JDK open-source frameworks and libraries ecosystem (Spring, Apache libraries, …)
- Good grasp of architecture & design principles and patterns, specifically connected to systems running in cloud
- Active striving for the best development practices and engineering qualities like scalability, operability and clean design and code
- Willingness to take ownership for the result, work across teams and share knowledge and ideas
- Proficient written and spoken English
We do not expect you to have all the following skills, but these would help you to onboard more quickly:
- A previous experience with the AWS services – S3, SNS, SQS, Kinesis, EMR and Big-data libraries (Spark, Kafka, Flink)
- devops way of thinking – you are used to operate your own creations
- An understanding of agile principles, previous work in an agile environment
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.