Qt (nice to have)
Software Development Engineer
What to Expect
- Tesla is accelerating the world’s transition to sustainable energy. Revolutionary strategies and products were developed within a few years and successfully launched on a large scale. This is only possible through extraordinary speed, innovation, and efficiency.
- The Service Engineering team serves as a link between the customers through service, development, and manufacturing teams worldwide for all vehicle sub-systems. We review and investigate field issues by analyzing logs and source code, work with relevant software engineers or component owners to implement solutions and improve the product. We develop software tools to ensure that customer vehicles are diagnosed and repaired accurately, reliably, and as quickly as possible. People in our team have a deep technical understanding, excellent communication, and time management skills.
- We are looking for a highly motivated Software Development Engineer to join our EMEA team. You will investigate new issues with vehicles in the field and analyze diagnostic and repair routines used by service technicians, to then scope and develop software improvements and solutions.
- You will work closely with service and development teams worldwide, on released vehicles but also new ones to optimize their serviceability, for example by developing new features, alerts or repair routines and add customer facing information in the vehicle source code.
- This is a versatile role requiring understanding of multiple vehicle software stacks, from the user interface to diagnostic tooling, embedded Linux systems and server APIs. Therefore, curiosity and willingness to learn new concepts are critical to connect the dots between multiple vehicle interfaces and design end-to-end solutions together with other teams.
What You’ll Do
- Analyze logs and code related to field issues or diagnostic tools.
- Rapid prototyping of in-car service or customer experiences.
- Design, code and debug user interfaces and architectures
- Develop unit tests along with new features to aid validation and prevent regressions.
- Work with cross-functional teams of user interface, systems, and validation engineers.What You’ll Bring
- Excellent software engineering skills, in particular with C++, Bash and Python.
- High standards for code quality, maintainability, and performance
- Experience writing and shipping customer-facing code.
- Capable of working in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Willingness to learn new technologies in any area of the stack.
- Effective communication skills and attention to detail.
- Fluent in English.
Nice to have
- Experience with developing user interfaces (Ideally using Qt).
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact [email protected] for additional information or to request accommodations.
Privacy is a top priority for Tesla. We build it into our products and view it as an essential part of our business. To understand more about the data we collect and process as part of your application, please view our Tesla Talent Privacy Notice.