Automation Tools (regular)
Automation Tools (regular)
We celebrate diversity and unite on the elements of our company DNA, starting every customer conversation with “why?” to understand their needs, working hard to find a way to overcome very challenge, and fighting for better outcomes with the work we do; all while checking our egos at the door, not taking ourselves too seriously and having fun along the way
Who we are:
Squiz has helped organisations improve the services they offer online and, in turn, the lives of the people that matter to them; building portals for students, websites for citizens, intranets for employees, and much more.
Headquartered in Australia, we have teams and customers across the globe, with offices in New Zealand, the United States, the United Kingdom and Poland.
Right now, we are in the midst of a very important and exciting point in our journey as we transform our business into a SaaS Digital Experience Platform product organisation, putting the power of the products we’ve used to deliver amazing experiences into the hands of our customers.
We’re looking for people like you that want to be a part of this journey of reinvention as we build an amazing Australian SaaS product business, with the experience and enthusiasm to use amazing technology in new and creative ways.
Who you are: Squiz is for everyone. If you’re smart and good at what you do, come as you are.
We are currently seeking an experienced, passionate, and creative individual who can lead the technology strategy, direction and capabilities of our SRE practice.
Specifically, we are searching for someone who brings fresh ideas, demonstrates a unique and informed viewpoint, and enjoys collaborating with a cross-functional team to develop real-world solutions and positive user experiences at every interaction.
With a strong focus on reliability, familiar with understanding and developing error budgets that measure the number of errors a system can sustain before the customer is unhappy, and can confidently work with Product Managers to define the user’s journey.
Objectives of this Role
- Run the production environment by monitoring availability and taking a holistic view of system health
- Build software and systems to manage platform infrastructure and applications
- Improve reliability, quality, and time-to-market of our suite of software solutions
- Measure and optimize system performance, with an eye toward pushing our capabilities forward, getting ahead of customer needs, and innovating to continually improve
- Provide primary operational support and engineering for multiple large distributed software applications
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Gather and analyze metrics from both operating systems and applications to assist in performance tuning and fault finding
- Partner with development teams to improve services through rigorous testing and release procedures
- Participate in system design consulting, platform management, and capacity planning
- Create sustainable systems and services through automation and uplifts
- Balance feature development speed and reliability with well-defined service level objectives
- Ensuring incident management practices are upheld at all times.
- Developing solutions following Incident postmortem to ensure the re-occurrence of the incident is significantly reduced if not eliminated.
- Measure the effectiveness of Incident Management through the completion of internal Incident Management audits.
- Be Leader in Incidents as an Incident Commander and instruct others on how to fulfil this role throughout the organisation.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or other highly technical, scientific discipline
- Experience with Prometheus configuration, rules and alerts
- Experience maintaining Kubernetes clusters and running jobs in clusters
- Experience with Grafana Loki, Vector.dev and Victoria Metrics if possible
- Experience with automation tools such as Cloudformation, Terraform, Puppet and Ansible.
- Previous success in technical engineering, working within an established SRE Team, with proven experience in developing SLOs.
- Solid understanding of the 3 Pillars of Observability (Logging, Metrics, Tracing)
- A proactive approach to spotting problems, areas for improvement, and performance bottlenecks
- Fluent English and Polish is a must
- Coding experience beyond simple scripts, you need to be able to code a solution from scratch
- Previous software development experience writing code for CMS based applications is a big advantage.
Why work for Squiz?
You’ll work with some of the most intelligent and down to earth people you’ll ever meet: we are made up of a diverse range of passionate people who love challenging the status quo. Every day is different, but what is constant is we enjoy what we do.
Squiz has a flexible working policy: We encourage our teams to embrace flexibility in how their team members manage where and how they work. We want you to be able to work in a way that drives productivity, efficiency and outcomes; along with connection and collaboration.
Our benefits include:
- Employment contract or B2B contract (full-time) – you choose
- Salary range: 12 000 – 15 500 PLN gross/month for Job contract or 13 000 – 16 500 PLN net/month for B2B
- Flexible working hours and location
- Your preferred working location: Szczecin office or remote from Poland
- 30 days of paid leave, regardless of the length of service
- Benefit platform with 1000 PLN annual wellbeing bonus
- Free English classes
- Medical package (Medicover), Life insurance
- Free lunch and locally roasted coffee at the office
- A spacious loft office with a place to socialise and relax
- Private, free parking