Microsoft Azure Cloud (regular)
SharePoint Online (advanced)
THIS IS US, YOUR NEW COLLEAGUES
Technology is a new function within Group Digital and IT with a big stake in the Group’s digital transformation. We will modernize Volvo’s core digital backbone making it a platform for digital products. Our Foundational IT products are used by digital product teams and enable them and their products to outperform Volvo’s competitors. Our digital talents develop capabilities and digital technologies to improve business performance and create value for the Group with speed and at scale.
As an IT Architect you will be involved in defining long term technology directions and supporting a team of application developers in their introduction. You will also be involved in projects and enhancements activities aiming to create modern and innovative solutions based on O365 (mainly SharePoint Online) and Azure services. Your responsibility will cover an assessment of business requirements and a design of efficient architecture. This will include a proposal of most suitable front and backend frameworks and technologies.
Together with business analyst, you will document technical and architecture specifications and advise on architectural issues.
- Acting as the architect of solutions based on O365/SharePoint Online with backend services hosted on Azure in projects and runtime activities
- Defining long term plans, directions and driving technical roadmaps
- Designing and developing O365 applications
- Supporting the development team in securing non-functional requirements
- Working closely in collaboration with the client team in order to ensure the high quality of the final product
- Ensuring compliance with Volvo’s frameworks and standards
- Developing documentation of system components in accordance with obligatory standards
- Support the team in technical realization, testing, application’s deployment and knowledge transfer to the IT support
- Cooperate with suppliers to optimize the performance of share environments
- Driving maintenance activities from architecture point of view
- Supporting the team in resolving complex technical issues
- Mentoring and building O365 knowledge and competences in development team
- Experience and proven ability to design, develop and implement the architecture of modern applications based on emerging Microsoft technologies
- Strong analytical, organizational, problem-solving and time-management skills
- Skills and experience in data gathering, research and analysis to develop insightful conclusions
- Willingness and experience to work in a multicultural team and communicate in English with the team members, business stakeholders and other IT functions
- Ability to prepare documentation of system components in accordance with obligatory standards
- Experience in designing O365 applications based on core O365 (OOTB) functions/components
- Experience in designing O365 applications with Azure services as backend
- Experience in implementing SharePoint Framework (React JS) in large projects
- Experience in designing and developing in .Net technologies including REST API
- Understanding and practical experience in designing and developing legacy JS frameworks (ex. jQuery, pure Jscript solutions)
- Knowledge related to cloud solutions
- At least 3 years’ experience in creating/maintaining systems architecture and a university degree in engineering or computer science or similar
Are you ready to join us and contribute to our digitalization journey?
Would you like to be a part of our agile projects in leading O365 technology?
If yes, join us!