Functional Programming (regular)
Keeping developers productive in this difficult tech environment. Building automated tests and benchmarks to ensure the productivity of devs. We are developing the tooling for one of the largest Scala codebases in the world. The code is stored in a monorepo which tests the limits of tooling. We are working on IntelliJ plugins, performance, integration with build tools, generating and distributing IntelliJ indexing cache, automatic testing and benchmarking with ide-probe to ensure and monitor the quality of our tooling integration and much more. Stack: Scala, Bazel, Docker, Python, Java, IntelliJ Team: 5 developers in Kraków plus 3 and a Team Lead in UK/US
2. MS Margaret
Project is about developing a UI framework for bi-temporal data processing engine with a reactive code-integration layer on top of it. The aim is to allow users to effortlessly create either web or native UIs for their applications and manage them easily. Tasks we are working on are deeply technical and backend focused, although knowledge of UI frameworks like Angular might be a plus.
In the near future we will be building, among other things, an in-memory data sharing framework and a stable and flexible setting repository (user preference, system settings). We are looking for people with strong software engineering skills and hands-on attitude. Stack: Scala, Cloud Platforms, Continuous Integration tools, Reactive, UI frameworks Team: New dedicated team of 3-4 people
3. DAL Margaret
We are cooperating with one of the largest financial institutions in the world. The main objective is to build a highly available & insanely scalable bitemporal data processing engine built with Scala and modern cloud technologies like Azure, Kubernetes, Kafka, Terraform, and Docker. It is one of the biggest Scala codebases in the world (over 8 million lines of code) and it’s deployed with data centers all across the world. Stack: JVM, Git, Azure, Kubernetes, Kafka, Terraform, and Docker Team: New 3-people sub-team, 10+ people in existing team distributed around the world
- Flexible hybrid work model – you decide where & when to start the work. You can work remotely or join us in one of our modern offices (Krakow, Rzeszow, Kielce; Wroclaw, Katowice, Warsaw and Gdansk – soon!), always located in the city centres. Just choose what suits you best!
- Language lessons – we refund up to 500 PLN (per quarter) for learning all languages you would like to take! What’s more, we refund up to 1 000 PLN (per quarter) for learning the English language.
- Virtusity – our training division – we really value the personal growth of our #VLteam. That’s why we have a rich offer of internal courses, workshops etc. (technical, as well as soft skills training) conducted by our employees.
- Training Package – use our training budget of up to 2 500 PLN (yearly) and 24 paid work hours for your development. You can choose the training from our Virtusity portfolio or external conferences, courses, workshops etc.
- Home office reimbursement – you can rent all the necessary equipment from our offices, but you can also get up to 800 PLN financial support to set up your WFH.
- Multisport card or MyBenefit points – do you like sports and want free unlimited admission to sports facilities in your city? Or maybe you prefer the cinema, SPA in the mountains, delicious dinner or Allegro shopping? At VirtusLab, you decide whether you choose a sports card or vouchers for countless attractions.
- Private healthcare – our insurer’s offer allows you to have free health advice, treatments, diagnostic tests etc., in more than 1,500 clinics operating all over the country.
- Stretching – feeling tense or tired? Take a break from work and join our online stretching sessions.
- Building tech community – we run 9 meetup groups in Kraków, Kielce, and Rzeszów and support many other local initiatives. We also contribute to numerous open-source projects (world-famous solutions and create our own ones). Check out also Sphere.it – our unique platform with tech videos and online events.
- Having fun together – cycling tours, kayaking, fun at rope park, pizza party or a mountain trip with SPA? Yes, we’ve got it all. It’s never boring with #VLteam!