We’re codequest, a boutique software house made up of an all-star team of polyglot engineers and creatives who are truly passionate about technology and innovation. We are small by design, humble at heart (why we keep the ‘c’ small in our name), and focused on creating a great company vibe while working on the coolest projects for our clients worldwide.
Check out what our employees can tell you about codequest’s values here ❤️
Find out more about our projects here
You can find us right in the center of Warsaw, just a minute’s walk from Metro Świętokrzyska, which makes it conveniently located for the morning commute. Or, if you prefer, you can work remotely from anywhere you want.
We are about connecting the dots – not standalone milestones. That’s why we want you to help us grow by joining our team of Ruby on Rails developers.
Are you looking to work with an experienced team and share your ideas and knowledge with us? Then maybe this job is for you!
What you can gain as a Senior Ruby on Rails Developer in codequest:
- Experienced developers in the team to help you grow
- Weekly BackendEdu meetings for the whole team to learn new things and discuss them together
- Weekly tech talks for the whole company – to help us grow in all directions
- On Fridays, we dedicate time for learning and developing our skills
- We always try to choose the right tool for the job, but our main stack is Rails with the use of Sidekiq and Redis, RSpec for testing, and AWS for deployment – you can master this currently popular stack
- Clean code is very important for us, so we use code analysis tools and make code reviews on a daily basis
- Extensive commercial experience and deep knowledge of Ruby on Rails including performance and security concerns
- Very good knowledge of Ruby including metaprogramming
- Knowledge of modern architecture patterns and deployment environments (Docker, Terraform, AWS)
- Deep understanding of Unix-based system internals and networking aspects
- Good command of Polish and English (communication directly with clients)
- Ability to communicate with different stakeholders (fellow developers, designers, project manager, and client)
- Responsibility to deliver the project in the best possible way
- Ability to take part in driving the company long-term backend development strategy
- Mentoring skills
- 24 days of paid time off on the B2B contract
- Education budget 2400 PLN per year
- The Vibe – we are all team players
- Work with clients from all over the world
- Flexible work schedule and work-from-anywhere arrangement
- We love Macbooks, but you can convince us, that PC’s are better
- Free English lessons with a native speaker
- ❤️ Free private health insurance
- ♂️ Multisport card and access to the gym in the building