Ruby on Rails (advanced)
Our client is one of the UK’s leading business insurance providers specializing in protecting the businesses the customers are working hard to build. They’re doing this by simplifying the insurance-buying process for all small businesses, combining technology, data, and insurance knowledge.
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering since graduating with a related degree/or equivalent working experience.
- 4+ years of experience with Ruby.
- An advocate of engineering best practices (particularly in regards to testing).
- Experience in working closely with business teams when building the product.
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work well in a very open and friendly environment.
- Proactively suggesting new tools, processes, and technologies – anything that will help continually improve.
- Good communication in English.
- Build customer-focused products in a culture that champions Agile, cross-functional teams, and continuous collaboration.
- Develop the products using best practices, appropriate tools, and technologies.
- Work with cross-functional collaborative teams, helping to clarify requirements at the onset of projects and suggesting different and relevant technical approaches.
- Champion Agile processes across the team.
- Highlight areas for continuous improvement and drive their prioritization.
- Suggest new tools, technologies, and ways of working.
- Salary of 6 000 – 8 000 USD or equivalent salary in PLN – you choose
- US and EU projects based on advanced technologies.
- Competitive compensation based on skills and experience.
- Annual performance appraisals.
- Flexibility in workspace, either remote or in our welcoming office.
- Comprehensive medical insurance after one month.
- MultiSport card with access to 2500 sports facilities all over Poland.
- Bonuses for recommendations of new employees.
- Bonuses for article writing, public talks, other activities.
- Paid 15 vacation days, 10 national holidays, sick leaves, family days off.
- Educational activities reimbursement on the monthly basis.
- Free webinars, meetups and conferences organized by Svitla.
- Gifts for birthdays, New Year and other holidays.
- Fun corporate celebrations and activities.
- Awesome team, friendly and supportive community!