Vic.ai is creating the “Intelligent Accounting” era, using artificial intelligence to automate accounting and provide advisory, business insight, and eventually business foresight.
We’re a Series A stage start-up, founded by three Norwegian entrepreneurs and backed by renowned Silicon Valley investors (including Costanoa Ventures, Cowboy Ventures, and GGV Capital). We’re US-based, but our team is global, from New Zealand to California. We’re bringing AI to Finance and Accounting because the industry is ripe for automation and big-data insight and the market is huge: $200B just in the US.
Our main office locations is in New York. We have a well established remote-work culture, and over 50% of our team are working fully remote.
We have a solid team of very experienced, yet humble, Elixir engineers, will you be our next team member?
You’ve been a software engineer for 5+ years, but you’ve been a tinkerer and a builder your whole life. We’re a team of builders—when we aren’t building Vic.ai, we’re tinkering with a personal project, contributing to open source, modding a drone, building a computer from components, etc.
We’re looking for an experienced developer who enjoys working with server-side technologies. You possess a good mixture of DevOps and application development skills and would like to build innovative solutions with experienced teammates in a flexible environment.
You should have plenty of experience in building performant, easy to use, well-monitored, and well tested APIs, designing efficient data flows, communicating clearly, sharing knowledge, and questioning existing solutions.
You’re ready for the next step in your career, ready to take on fast-moving challenges. You’re enthusiastic about AI and the possibilities it opens for software development and transforming traditional work. You aim at reaching greatness and delivering exceptional outcomes in your work.
As a team player, you are not afraid of reaching out to your colleagues to discuss development challenges, especially when you are stuck trying to solve a specific issue.
You are fluent in English.
Required tech skills:
- Excellent python skills (multiprocessing, multithreading, abstraction, inheritance, mixins, functional programming)
Good engineering/developer practices (unit & integration testing, versioning, encapsulation, maintainability)
- Experience working with Postgres DB / SQL (from python as well)
- Familiar working with docker
- Familiar working with AWS ecosystem (S3, lambda, ec2, SQS is an advantage)
Nice to have tech skills:
- Experience automating the deployment process and familiarity with orchestration tools is an advantage (circleci, kubernetes, airflow)
- Data engineering skills are an advantage (OLAP, OLTP, airflow ETL, redshift)
- Understanding of machine learning deployment best practices is an advantage (data drift, train vs validation vs test, overfitting, feature engineering)
- Data analysis skills are an advantage (data visualizations, data cleaning, ETA, statistical knowledge)
What the position is responsible for:
The python backend team is responsible for providing the services for document processing in the application and for handling internal pipelines for models development/training/deployment and data engineering.
Your job will be to maintain the different services and pipeline:
- Design & implement new processing services
- Design & implement new internal pipelines / jobs, automating some process
- Improve existing services (codebase / testing / performance / cost)
- Collaborate with AI team to extend or improve internal pipelines (implementing a feature store for instance)
Other characteristics of the ideal candidate
- MS degree in a numeric area for education
- 3+ years of full-time job experience about python development
- You are pragmatic and like getting things done in a simple manner
- You are incredibly autonomous and comfortable working 100% remotely, controlling your own tasking
- Willingness to learn new skills and collaborate with other teams