SOLID Principles (regular)
PHP 7 (advanced)
PHP 7 (advanced)
Gamers are the ones we always keep in mind while developing our services and improving our offer – they are the pillars that make GOG. What’s more, we understand that gaming communities around the world can be a bit different, have their own tastes and preferences, and require a dedicated approach.
People are fundamental to our success. Right now we are looking for a Software Engineer (Backend) to join our cross-functional product team responsible for the development of our store application. Work hand in hand with our sister company, CD PROJEKT RED and other game developers on delivering best online gaming experiences that reach millions of gamers.
- Write well designed, testable, efficient, clean code by using the best software development practices.
- Participate in software design meetings and analyse business needs to determine technical requirements.
- Working on new projects, from conception to deployment in the production environment.
- Sharing your knowledge with other team members and supporting them in solving complex challenges.
- Supporting other engineers on your team to be successful.
- 5+ years experience in software engineering.
- Mastery in PHP7/8 and object oriented programming.
- Familiarity with Symfony in a production environment.
- Expertise in handling MySQL databases and query/table optimisations.
- Strong understanding of best security practices.
- Ability to easily communicate in English.
- Understanding of SOLID principles and common design patterns.
- Hands-on experience with microservice architecture, projects scalability and performance tuning of web applications.
- Experience working with Docker.
- Experience with caching (Memcached, Redis, Varnish, CDNs).
- Experience with writing unit tests.
- Experience with work in an agile environment.
- Knowledge of performance optimizations techniques and ways to hunt memory leaks.
- A passion for games and the gaming industry.
What we offer:
- A unique opportunity to enter a booming industry and to influence the future of digital distribution.
- A gamer’s paradise where you will be surrounded by games – living & breathing them!
- A great, laid-back work atmosphere in our office based in Warsaw, Poland.
- The chance to work in an international environment with exceptional experts.
- Access to health care and sports activity packages.
- A relocation package for foreigners as well as assistance from HR throughout the whole process.
- Frequent social activities, free fruit, an in-house cafeteria, and other goodies are standard.
- An in-house gym, open 24/7, available exclusively to CD PROJEKT RED & GOG employees.
- Free access to CD PROJEKT RED & GOG.com games.
- A dog friendly environment – yes, you can bring your four legged friend to work.