We are Tagvenue – one of the world’s fastest-growing online marketplaces for venue hire with over 8,000 event spaces listed in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, Canada, Singapore, and the USA. In 2020, we launched a new product – Tagvenue Virtual – a video platform that provides a variety of interactive games that can be played by remote teams.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our main office in Kraków, Poland is a multicultural hub focused on constant development. Currently, we’re hiring a Senior PHP Developer
to join our IT team, working together with 2 senior backend & 2 senior frontend developers, collaborating with our Founders and Product Team. Learn more about the way our software development team works here
This position can be 100% remote, working on a daily basis within our timezone (CET). The whole team works remotely, but we also have an office in Kraków, Poland available to use.
As a Senior PHP Developer, you will be responsible for:
- Developing our marketplace PHP application in a TDD manner (see stack below)
- Building our infrastructure in the Infrastructure-As-Code approach – we are gradually migrating our infrastructure into the cloud
- Tackling scaling challenges – we grow our traffic volume, data usage and we are expanding geographically into new markets and sources of revenues
- Delivering an item (e.g. a feature) over a full chain of value – you will own the delivery starting from partnering with business stakeholders (Product Team, company Founders, other teams) into final deployment to production and monitoring
- Choosing the architecture that solves the problem at hand best – we are the only engineering team in the company and we have huge autonomy
- Contributing to improving our workflow based on Kanban by constantly decreasing cycle & lead times as well as keeping the Work In Progress low
We are looking for a person interested in the Cloud and Infrastructure-as-Code areas. Experience with IaC is not required but your interest in the subject and eagerness to work on these tasks is (~20% of your assignments). We believe that having strong language-agnostic skills (e.g. TDD) is mandatory to be a good infrastructure coder. You will have a lot of opportunities to grow in this area, as we are on a journey to become a cloud-native application.
Your typical week will consist of:
- 60% – coding
- 20% – code reviews
- 20% – meetings (1:1s, standups, retros, devs’ tech meetings)
Our tech stack:
- Backend: PHP, Laravel, Twig, MySQL, Redis, Elasticsearch
- Frontend: Vue, Twig, SCSS, Tailwind, Jest
- Infrastructure: CDN in Fastly, HAProxy, Nginx, Elasticsearch/Fluentd/Kibana + Grafana stack for monitoring, Docker, Terraform, multiple AWS services for test instances, backups, and CI/CD, PHPUnit & Jest for tests
The above is the stack of our main marketplace application. Last year we also bootstrapped a new video product in Vue, Tailwind, Twilio Video, Google Firestore, and Vercel – although you will work on it rather occasionally.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
WHY YOU’LL LOVE WORKING AT TAGVENUE
- Very good knowledge of at least 1 programming language (you will work in PHP), including at least 1 modern framework
- Code organization skills – familiarity with concepts such as SOLID, design patterns, Clean Code, Domain-Driven Design, etc.
- Following software development best practices, like Test-Driven Development, Trunk-Based Development/Continuous Integration, Delivery and Deployment as well as Agile, DevOps and Infrastructure-as-Code
- Constant learner mindset with a passion for IT, actively acquiring new knowledge, and being up to date with the latest state-of-the-art software industry know-how
- Great communication skills in English
- A well-developed workflow in Kanban and Trunk-Based Development – currently 150 deployments to production monthly, automated tests battery run in ca. 5 min; low Work In Progress (usually 1 story open per developer)
- Company Founders who invest in technical excellence practices like fast CI/CD pipelines, writing tests (first), Infrastructure-as-Code, well-organized code (Clean Code, Domain-Driven Design, etc.)
- Constant learning culture among sharp and passionate developers who read books, attend & speak at conferences, with unlimited book allowance to support your personal growth
- Competitive monthly salary 17-23k PLN net/B2B
- 20 days of paid time off per year + PL public holidays to support your work-life balance
- A choice to work 100% remotely or, if you prefer, from our office in Kraków
Our recruitment process
- Tech & HR screening
- Tech interview/Pair programming
- Demo day