We are looking for a talented and inquisitive engineer, focused on development. You will be working internally with our professional services team, cloud operations, and customer engineering teams to help our customers create automation and develop code to onboard their services from bare metal infrastructure to Openstack cloud and Kubernetes clusters. You would be working as a member of an onboarding team consisting of the customer and Mirantis engineers, working in agile (Scrum) methodology.
- Develop Kubernetes controllers, cluster APIs, integration with customer systems
- Create automation for infrastructure provisioning
- Operational support, triage and solve issues with internal systems, prioritizing based on customer impact
- Working with technologies like: MySQL/Cassandra/Elasticsearch database environment, HAProxy load balancers, Envoy service mesh, APigee gateway, Kafka streaming service, Hadoop big data storage, Graphite time series, Grafana dashboard platform, monitoring & alerting tools, CI/CD tooling, Perl/Java/Node.js language frameworks and more…
- Lots of collaboration with customer applications developers teams
- Strong development background in Golang or Python
- Strong Kubernetes expertise as a user and developer
- General experience with Linux, virtualization & storage
- Overall system architecture, scalability, reliability, and performance experience
- Knowledge of automated software testing, continuous integration, release management
- Experience in debugging, diagnosing, and troubleshooting complex production software
- Experience in developing and maintaining services built on microservice architecture
- Preferably a university/master degree in Mathematics or Software Engineering
- Excellent communication in English – written and spoken
Nice to Have:
- Openstack experience – familiarity with the APIs as a user
- Experience with infrastructure automation in Puppet
- Experience in onboarding applications to the cloud
- Production operations experience
- Experience with design, development, testing, and monitoring of large-scale and data-intensive systems
- Work for an established leader in the Cloud Native industry with over 800 enterprise customers, HQ’d in Silicon Valley.
- Work with exceptionally passionate, talented, and engaging colleagues, helping Fortune and Global 2000 customers implement modern open-source cloud technologies.
- Be a part of cutting-edge, open-source innovation.
- Thrive in the high-energy environment of a young company where openness, collaboration, risk-taking, and continuous growth are valued.
- Flexible working schedule and remote / or hybrid work environment.
- Receive a competitive compensation package.