Our client is building the next generation online and in-store retail platforms which will set the benchmark for a Technology-led customer-centric retail experience. They take responsibility for the software through its entire lifecycle. You will be responsible for the solution design of the applications, solving problems, helping your team, and developing new features through quality, scalable, performant, and maintainable technical solutions.
- The client requires some visits in their office in Kraków a few times per month to meet with the team (they are open to discuss the number of visits).
- 4+ years of commercial software development experience in the Java ecosystem.
- Experience in running and supporting software in production (dev-ops approach).
- Problem-solving, analysis, and computational skills. You are comfortable designing systems and reasoning about them. When tackling problems, you take a thorough and logical approach to solving them and you retain ownership through to resolution.
- Designing and developing systems for high availability and scalability.
- Experience working within an e-commerce or at-scale business where security, availability and reliability are valued.
- Depth of professional software engineering experience and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Java: Advanced
- SQL databases: Advanced
- Distributed systems architecture: Advanced
- Knowledge of design patterns and engineering best practices: Advanced
- Testing (e.g. Unit Tests, E2E Tests): Advanced
- Java web framework (Spring / Spring boot or equivalent): Regular
- Functional approach: Regular
- Networking – architecture, protocols, and security: Regular
- CI/CD tooling (Jenkins or equivalent): Regular
- Docker and Kubernetes: Basic
- Cloud platform (Microsoft Azure or equivalent): Basic
- Written & spoken English: Upper Intermediate (B2)
- Python: nice to have
- Adopt best practices in software engineering: design, testing, version control, documentation, build, deployment, monitoring, and operations.
- Build flexible systems choosing simple, straightforward solutions over more complex ones.
- Contribute and review code, preserving high quality and best industry practices.
- Represent the team project within wider technical discussions across different stakeholder groups and be effective in doing so by constantly broadening your understanding of our technology landscape.
- Take ownership of the delivery of specific outcomes.
- Contribute to the definition of features for services owned by your team.
- Collaborate closely with other teams in the area.
- Continuously improve yourself and your team by suggesting and helping implement new engineering processes and practices.
- Mentor less experienced developers.
- Contribute to building and nurturing an effective, high-performant team that consistently delivers quality software whilst balancing time frames and needs.
- Languages: Java 13+ (with some JS, Python, Groovy, Scala, and Kotlin in supporting roles)
- Frameworks: currently Vert. x with RxJava2, Micronaut or Spring Boot in the future
- Cloud: Azure
- Architecture: Microservices
- DB: SQL (PostgreSQL) & NoSQL (MongoDB, Elastricsearch)
- Workloads on EC2s to be migrated to Kubernetes, Jenkins phased out in favor of Azure DevOps
- Monitoring & alerting: Splunk, AppDynamics, xMatters
- Testing: Spock, Gatling
- VCS: GitHub
- Zendesk & JIRA
- Salary of 24 000 – 34 000 zł/per month on a B2B contract.
- US and EU projects based on advanced technologies.
- Competitive compensation based on skills and experience.
- Annual performance appraisals.
- Flexibility in workspace, either remote or in our welcoming office.
- Comprehensive medical insurance after one month.
- MultiSport card with access to 2500 sports facilities all over Poland.
- Bonuses for recommendations of new employees.
- Bonuses for article writing, public talks, other activities.
- Paid 15 vacation days, 10 national holidays, sick leaves, family days off.
- Educational activities reimbursement on the monthly basis.
- Free webinars, meetups and conferences organized by Svitla.
- Gifts for birthdays, New Year and other holidays.
- Fun corporate celebrations and activities.
- Awesome team, friendly and supportive community!