C++ (nice to have)
Kotlin (nice to have)
Kotlin (nice to have)
Who are we?
At WithSecure, we protect companies all over the world against modern threats. We do this because we know that no one can solve every cybersecurity problem on their own. Every day we fight online scams, threats to national infrastructure, the unlawful dissemination of confidential information, and everything in between. We are a community of committed and passionate professionals.
Senior Java Developer wanted to join a team working with one of our key products, Business Suite. It is an on-premise tool that thousands of our customers worldwide use to ensure their endpoint security.
You’ll be developing one of the most crucial components of the product, Policy Manager. This component is the focal point for the Business Suite solution, and it is serving as a high load backend service to aggregate various data from the managed endpoints, i.e., clients installed on the customers’ machines. With the Policy Manager tooling our customer can define, distribute, and enforce security policies, set automatic updates, and monitor the company’s security status.
We work in Helsinki capital region and in Poznań (Poland) in autonomous international teams of 4-6 developers, so communication and collaboration skills are the key skills for the team members. Our main working language is English.
We preach the Agile way of doing things and we prefer to precede our actions with a question “Does this bring real value to our customers?”. Each team has a freedom to define what suits them the best in terms of organizing the processes and utilizing the technologies. And every team member is always welcomed to come up with their initiatives. We are not afraid of our failures, and we never look up to find a person to bear responsibility for those if they happen, but rather we go and celebrate them with cakes.
What we offer (besides the cake celebrations)
- Challenging and interesting problems that will push you to learn new ideas, systems and ways of working.
- An opportunity to sharpen valuable skills in all the aspects of the software development cycle, starting from analyzing the requirements and up to releasing and supporting the running system in production.
- New interesting technologies to try. E.g., some recent features of the product have been written in Kotlin.
- A team that is technical, ambitious and friendly, that will share their knowledge and expect you to do the same.
- Huge system keeps things fresh, there’s always more to learn and try.
- Flexibility to choose the tools of your choice (Linux, Windows, Mac)
- The opportunity to work for the side trying to make the web a better place! We make our customers online lives safer.
Remote work has been the name of the game for the last year and will continue until the situation improves. Once we can move to a more normal working environment we will continue to support remote work, but depending on the team needs some _weekly or monthly visits to the local office might be planned. The team is distributed between Finland and Poland. These locations cooperate remotely on daily basis.
Skills needed for this job:
- 4+ years of work experience developing and designing scalable, performant, customer facing web and backend applications.
- Strong experience building software using Java, Spring and relational databases· Professional experience with Kotlin is a definite plus.
- Experience of writing tests (unit and integration).
- Familiarity with the continuous deployment skills are highly valued
Both within our existing service offering and new exciting cyber security solutions there is significant potential for further success in the market – if you are the right person to pursue and realize this success – this is a very rewarding position within WithSecure.
Our benefits include extensive health care, remote working, company supported sport activities, lunch vouchers and many more things to keep our best asset – people – happy!
Dare to be the best? Please send your CV and application as soon as possible! 🙂