Information Technology Risk Management and Security (ITRMS) is an essential component of the current IT enterprise that provides support to the Pharmaceutical Research, Supply Chain and Marketing organizations. The Governance Risk & Compliance platform is part of the Cyber Security and Engineering Function in ITRMS and allows our company to build an efficient, collaborative enterprise program across IT, Finance, Manufacturing, Operations and Legal domains.
Through the Archer and ServiceNow GRC Platforms, we can manage risks, demonstrate compliance, automate business processes, and gain visibility into corporate risk and security controls while maintaining the freedom to tailor solutions and integrate with multiple data sources through code-free configuration.
In our role you will:
- Support the product line lead across all products on the GRC platform.
- Support demand management, portfolio planning & reporting, forecasting, budget estimates of the GRC Platform.
- Develop and maintain current and future state technical functions, processes, and architecture maps.
- Subject Matter Expertise as it relates to technical and operational processes and the current environment in which they operate.
- Technical knowledge to understand and work with development resources to ensure that system changes are managed and developed according to good coding practices.
- Identify and drive improvements from design and configuration to implementation.
- Advanced level skill set to perform root cause analysis to troubleshoot issues or identify current state process inefficiencies.
- Lead and oversee the implementation activities for solutions across all phases of SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) and support inspections and systems review for compliance.
- Support Disaster Recovery exercises on an annual basis.
- Assess and communicate risks and appropriate levels of urgency to management.
- Drive various process, and platform element improvements.
- Ability to self-manage relevant workload (Time management and prioritization) and influence others to achieve collective goals.
- Practical experience within an automated Change Management system such as Remedy or ServiceNow to initiate change proceedings and follow them through to resolution.
Required Experience and Skills:
- 4-5 years’ experience in the areas of technical analysis and system administration.
- Significant experience in system enhancement, implementation, and upgrades.
- Functional experience within application support management.
- Demonstrated success in building strong relationships with client organizations and across technology centers.
- Proven leadership acumen, along with excellent written, communication, and presentation skills.
- Must be able to effectively lead a cross-functional core team in a matrix organization.
- Demonstrated skills in risk-based approaches, including ability to facilitate a robust risk analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to succeed in a complex and dynamic work environment.
- Facilitation / workshop management skills.
- Change Management experience.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Experience with SDLC or equivalent system lifecycle approaches preferred.
- Technical knowledge of GRC systems (e.g ServiceNow, Archer, Enablon) preferred.
- Experience with regulated GxP Pharmaceutical IT Systems.
- knowledge of compliance business processes within the pharmaceutical space
What we offer
- Competitive remuneration
- Position in leading global healthcare company
- Global projects, international environment
- Support to learn and grow professionally, trainings and coaching, cross functional opportunities to know the company divisions & functions.
- Wide range of benefits (Flexible working hours, home office, Yearly Bonus based on company and personal performance, Pension and health insurance contributions, Edenred Benefits + meal vouchers, and more)
Who we are…
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
Current Employees apply HERE
Current Contingent Workers apply HERE
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme LLC, Rahway, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License: