Sigma IT Poland is a division within DANIR AB – an IT consulting and R&D company. We opened our Wroclaw officein 2017 and now we are a 120+ crew. We have the opportunity to work with world-renowned brands from Scandinavia, the USA, the UK, and Western Europe. Our goal is to grow strong but rather in competencies than in numbers. If you like what we do, see our offer, maybe it is you we will have the pleasure to meet! 🙂
As a Senior Embedded Software Engineer, you will develop an OpenWrt-based enterprise next-generation software platform for Residential Gateways and WiFi Extenders. You will take part in the design, implementation, and verification of Wireless Technologies (WiFi solutions based on Wi-Fi Alliance proprietary extensions). You will take part in the full development process: function specification, design, coding, test automation, and documentation.
What you’ll do:
What you’ll do:
- Software development in Linux system (OpenWrt);
- C for embedded application and driver development;
- BASH for startup and hot-plug scripts;
- Python for Test Automation;
- Debugging your own and others’ code;
- Troubleshooting network and wireless problems;
- Technical Documentation (English);
- Support architectural decisions;
- Internal and external customer support.
You might be the perfect match if you are/have:
- At least 7 years of experience with C programming in embedded systems like ARM, MIPS;
- Knowledge in version control, preferably GIT;
- General network and wireless knowledge: WLAN, TCP/IP, Firewall, Multicast (SIP is merit);
- Understanding of Defensive Coding Fundamentals for C;
- Experience in Unix and Network Socket Programming;
- Solid understanding of Linux/Unix systems (OpenWrt is merit);
- Very good English skills in speaking and writing.
Moreover, we appreciate skills in these areas:
- Knowledge about GCC, debuggers (e.g. Valgrind);
- Experience in Python programming;
- Experience with build environments such as Buildroot, OpenEmbedded, Yocto (a strong plus);
- Knowledge of peripherals and communication buses like SPI, I2C, USB, MDIO;
- Experience in working with an open-source community;
- Knowledge of communication and messaging protocols such as MQTT, WebSocket, HTTP.
By joining us, you gain:
- Exciting projects, multinational and inspiring environment for talented IT professionals. Various projects in diverse, cutting-edge industries. Biotech, Automotive, Internet of Things, or AR/VR;
- Code review done by skilled engineers (over 60% of our team are people with over 5 years of experience in the industry);
- Becoming a part of a team of motivated individuals, that are here to stay. We value loyalty – as you grow, we grow with you;
- Respect for your private life so you don’t have to work overtime or on weekends;
- Online and offline events – let’s know each other better!
Perks and benefits:
- Fully remote work from your convenience or in our office in Wrocław;
- Choice of employment form: we offer B2B or employment contract;
- Free benefits such as Luxmed, Multisport, life insurance in Nationale Nederlanden</strong>;
- Attractive referral system (8k for senior, 5k for mid, 2k for junior);
- Personal development through the training budget and transfer of knowledge;
- Flexible working hours with no micro-management approach. Our core hours are 9-15, the rest of the working time is your decision;
- We provide high-quality work equipment + 2 additional monitors and accessories.
If you apply for this position and match our expectations, then:
1) You will be invited to talk with Marta and Piotr or Filip.
2) You will have a final meeting with our client.
Submit your application online in one easy step! Apply now!