Skelia is on the hunt for a skilled Senior DevOps (AWS) Engineer to join the project of our client, a fast-growing multinational technology company. As Senior DevOps (AWS) Engineer, you will be engaged in various projects to build solutions for risk management and employees’ physical security.
About our client
Our client is a global technology company carrying out high-impact, mission-critical projects for governments and leading businesses, some of which top the Fortune 500 list, in Europe, North America, and the Middle East.
- The company employs 1000+ professionals in 18 locations worldwide
- It has planned and implemented over 40% of Estonia’s digital disruption
- Their projects have touched the lives of more than half a billion people around the globe
About the project
We are building a multi-disciplinary team of professionals who strive to deliver top-notch solutions, will be able to work on stories end to end, and take responsibility for results in the assigned scope of work. You will be working on the set of projects related to employees’s physical security, smart lockers, office buildings management, and badging with a mission to deliver a safe and secure workplace for all company employees.
As part of the team, you will be working on the development and improvement of client’s software projects:
- Provide systems maintenance, build scripts, configure tools, and code
- Work on the new ways to improve operations and define new solutions to solve technically complex issues
- Work with the development team to automate manual tasks and on tooling to enhance fleet maintenance
- Investigate issues that impact major services and work to solve them before they impact customers
- Dive deep into service interdependencies and region-specific configurations to find the root of a problem
- Study and continuously learn from industry-recognized engineers
- Computer Science degree or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of professional experience in software development or in related occupations (systems administration, DevOps engineering, site reliability engineering, networking/automation, software/systems development)
- Required knowledge and practical experience with AWS infrastructure services
- Proven track record of success in delivering complex projects
- Demonstrable track record dealing well with ambiguity, prioritizing customer needs and delivering measurable results in a fast-paced environment
- Thorough networking knowledge including DHCP, Firewalls, and ACL
- Thorough Windows server knowledge including AD, Windows Clusteringy, and Server Management
- Good command of English (upper-intermediate minimum)
Nice to have
- Cisco/Meraki certification(s)
- Experience building highly scalable, globally-distributed systems with a high degree of operational excellence
- Clear, professional communication skills able to contribute to team discussions, knowing when to contribute, when to listen, and when to ask questions
- Experience using AWS services
- Experience in developing a new application and system management tools, and making enhancements to existing tools to drive automation, reduce manual effort and increase efficiency
We have a very informal and flexible working environment at Skelia that is very different from a typical corporate one and we’re looking for someone who’ll enjoy it as much as we do. We’re all about giving and taking responsibility, working hard but also about enjoying working together and self-development. If you are smart, creative, and into new challenges and you enjoy working with people – we’d love to hear from you!
Please don’t forget to include the following statement in your resume:
„Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie moich danych osobowych zawartych w przesyłanych przeze mnie dokumentach aplikacyjnych przez Skelia Poland Sp. z o.o. dla potrzeb niezbędnych do realizacji procesu rekrutacji”