Fluent in English (master)
Marketing-mix modelling (master)
Senior Data Scientist, Marketing
A team of over 1000 people from Vinted’s offices in Vilnius, Berlin, Prague, Amsterdam, and Utrecht develop and support our platform. We share a unique work culture that’s based on aiming high, taking ownership, co-creating, caring, and growth.
Vinted is committed to building an inclusive workplace where people from all walks of life feel a sense of belonging. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, colour, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion/beliefs, disability or age. We truly believe when we can be fully ourselves, we work better.
At Vinted, marketing is one of the most impactful channels to grow our platform by making high-stake investment decisions. As a Marketing Data Scientist, you’ll join our Marketing Data Science & Analytics team where a mix of talented people with backgrounds from academia, econometrics, e-commerce, consulting, and media apply a scientific approach to solve worldwide business problems. In this team we develop statistical and business models, create new methods to measure marketing success, perform advanced data analyses, and ensure that marketing data is reliable. You will report directly to the Director of Data Science & Analytics, Marketing, and will have to proactively challenge and innovate the way we measure and improve our media-mix efficiency. You will be crucial in moving millions of people to the path of sustainable consumption.
In this position, you’ll:
- Develop new media-mix models (MMMs) to measure marketing performance and thus enable the marketing team to optimally diversify our investments
- Collaborate with the marketing data science team to deploy MMMs and monitor their performance
- Iterate to improve accuracy and reliability of our marketing-mix, engagement, direct-response, life-time value and other models
- Help to improve the overall marketing ROI/payback measurement approach
- Drive a culture of experimentation in Vinted marketing Data Science & Analytics
- Expert in the field of marketing-mix modelling with a proven track record
- Keen on applying state-of-the-art statistical methods to solve business problems
- In-depth econometrics knowledge (Bayesian, panel-data, linear regression models etc.)
- At least 5 years of data science experience focused on econometric / Bayesian / time-series modelling in the field of marketing
- A graduate degree in statistics, econometrics, mathematics or a similar field
- Advanced knowledge of at least one statistical programming language (R, Python, Stata, Matlab etc.)
- Fluency with SQL and experience with dashboarding tools (e.g. Looker, Tableau, etc.)
- Excellent at communicating in written and spoken English
- Opportunity to join our share options programme
- Learning budget (10% from gross yearly salary)
- 30 working days of holiday
- Remote workout classes
- Mental and emotional health support from Mindletic
- A daily allowance for ordering lunch
- Monthly team-building events
- A personal budget for shopping on Vinted
- Work anywhere in the EU for 90 days out of the year
- Dog friendly office
- Home office support (IT workstation equipment provided + a personal budget of up to €540 for home workplace furniture)
We want people to work from where they’re most comfortable, which is why we’re using a hybrid workplace model at Vinted for the foreseeable future.