BlaBlaCar is the world’s leading carpooling platform, created with one dream in mind: leveraging technology to fill the millions of empty seats on the road. We offer long- and short-distance carpooling as well as a bus marketplace, with the mission to become the go-to marketplace for shared road mobility.
Today, our community counts over 100 million travelers in 22 countries, creating a smarter, friendlier and carbon-saving transport network. Every year, our community saves 1.6 million tons of CO2e by sharing the road, equivalent to the CO2 emissions generated by Paris traffic in a year. But it doesn’t stop here – our team of 250+ engineers is developing innovative algorithms to further unlock the potential of shared travel and multiply its impact.
We’re looking for people to join our journey – people who care, who are driven by impact and innovation, and who want to thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment. We offer a flexible workplace where we count on each other to take initiative. So join the ride – we can’t wait to see where it takes you.
We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join the Data Demand squad. This squad is in charge of all our data products around BlaBlaCar passengers. 700 employees can use these data products, with about 20 analysts as power users. The product creates value by providing a unified platform that stores, documents and queries data. The data-warehouse is built around two main components: Google BigQuery and Airflow.
Your role is to own BlaBlaCar’s passenger data from the raw layer to the warehouse layer. You will work closely with Data Analysts, Data Scientists and Software Engineers on your team to continuously provide data products to make decisions on the product.
As well, you will contribute to the Data Engineering Chapter, a horizontal group of Data Engineers, whose mission is to improve tools for Data Engineers, and make efficient the day-to-day of a Data Engineer by innovative technologies, processes etc.
Over the past 3 years, the scope covered by Data Engineers tripled, which led the Data Organization to reformulate as a Data Mesh. This setup allows producing data products faster and autonomously as a team dedicated to a specific data domain.
- You will be building efficient and robust data models for large volumes of data
- You will be developing and optimizing the data workflows from the raw layer to the data mart in our data platform
- You will be implementing solutions to improve the data quality
- You will be the point of communication for all Data Engineering decisions in your domain; working closely with Software Engineers, Data Scientists and Data Analysts
- You will take a central part in the Data Engineering Chapter, defining policies and standards for data management
- Articulate the strategy to build a data platform; this platform enables a mesh of autonomous data domains to interoperate.
- Capacity of designing a data architecture
- Capacity of working hand-in-hand with data consumers on a daily basis
- Strong data engineering skills
- Experience in Engineering Analytics (working with DataMarts)
- Strong SQL skills & work experience on a cloud data warehouse
- Strong experience with Python, including testing, deployment and codebase refactoring
- Experience with Airflow is a plus
- Excellent communication skills and you enjoy sharing & learning from others
- Results-driven and impact-oriented mindset
- Fluency in English
If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you’d still be a great fit for this role in your application!
What we have to offer:
- An international environment: over 35 nationalities across 7 countries: Brazil, France, Germany, Poland, Russia, Spain, Ukraine
- Opportunities to learn: 360 onboarding weeks, weekly team-all BlaBlaTalks to learn about what other teams are up to, International Weeks to mingle with other offices, regular Q&A sessions with our leadership, honest discussions about our company KPIs, ‘Fail, Learn, Succeed’ moments where we destigmatize and share moments of failure with others.
- Innovation: Coding Nights to pitch ideas outside our roadmap and make development dreams come true, weekly Product & Tech Demos and blogs to share engineering stories, access to top conferences across Europe.
- Impact: building a product that has a real impact on society and the environment, and sharing an office culture that prioritizes low-waste and eco-friendly practices.
- People-first: wind down from work at our BlaBlaShows, BlaBlaBreak retreats, weekly breakfasts and afterworks (when the sanitary conditions permit it) or meme battles on Slack.
- Shared company principles that guide us in our everyday decision-making and bring us closer to our goal. Find out more about our BlaBlaPrinciples.
Your Future Benefits:
- Tailor-made remote policy: from 2 days per week to full remote (to be discussed with the Talent Acquisition Manager during the first call).
- A fair and competitive salary package
- Employee Stock Ownership plan
- Holidays: 10 days off in addition to the legal 25 days
- Relocation package and visa sponsorship to welcome you wherever you are currently based
- Parental policy
- Trainings and career development programs
- Free carpooling & bus-rides wherever whenever
Interested in joining the ride? Here’s what your hiring journey will look like:
- a 45-min video-call with one of our Talent Acquisition Managers to get to know you, understand your career expectations and answer your questions
- a 60-min video-call with<a href="https://