About the job
What will you do?
A Data Engineer working for Equal Experts will be able to provide technical leadership within their team and be an ambassador to drive quality. The Data Engineer will be consistently delivering challenging business objectives with commercial implications for success and failure. In order to do this, an Equal Experts Data Engineer will demonstrate strong problem-solving skills. You will as a standard be able to utilise Agile Technical practices; TDD, Continuous Integration and Delivery, and will be able to deliver timely and pragmatic solutions as well as facilitating others to do their jobs in a more effectve way.
This is a fully remote position, so you can work from wherever you’d like. This is a contract/freelance position, so you will have to have your own company or work autonomy.
- Great work-life balance – we trust people to responsibly manage their schedule, working at times that suit their personal needs and the team
- A truly remote-first culture
- No line-management, with a lot of autonomy and empowerment
- Work with like-minded senior practitioners, allowing you to grow, learn and share
- Diversity of projects with different challenges and tech stacks
- Strong maturity in agile delivery
- You’re able to take other work outside of Equal Experts realm if you find it yourself and still stay within the EE network for future challenges – we’ll welcome you back at any time!
- Be part of a community of hundreds of senior professionals and have access to EE internal blog, events and referral scheme
What You’ll Need
The following skills and experience are required:
- Significant experience working on Data platforms and projects
- A strong and confident programmer in the following languages: Python, Scala or Java
- Have an understanding and appreciation of deployment and DevOps (Kubernetes experience preferable)
- Creation of highly available data pipelines
- Using both ETL platforms and coded equivalents
- You will have spent time supporting data scientists – data prep, mentoring and support functions.
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)