Every day, the complex challenges of global shipping and logistics bring growing pains that fast-growing online brands struggle to negotiate. Getting products into the hands of customers quickly and affordably is a challenge for most. At Auctane, we serve and champion these merchants every day. Our software stack solves shipping and logistics problems that arise as merchants scale, so they can focus their time, energy, and resources on what matters most.
Auctane is a team of shipping and software experts with a passion for helping merchants move their ideas, dreams and innovations around the globe. The Auctane family includes ShipStation, ShipWorks, ShipEngine, ShippingEasy, Stamps, Endicia, Metapack, Shipsi, GlobalPost, and Packlink. Our partners include Amazon, UPS, USPS, eBay, BigCommerce, Shopify, WooCommerce, and Walmart.
Why would I want to be a Senior Cloud Engineer at Auctane?
The Senior Cloud Engineer is a critical role at Auctane as it focuses on design, implementation, and maintenance of company’s IT infrastructure. The role provides an opportunity and challenge to work in a high transaction, highly available and complex environment. Senior Cloud Engineer is responsible for solving complex problems while operating under minimal supervision and with wide latitude for independent judgement.
“This position is eligible for full-time home-based remote work.”
What would I be doing?
- Design, plan and implement AWS solutions for high-traffic production environment
- Manage servers and services in production environment and ensure service availability
- Develop and strictly adhere to operational policies, procedures controls and standards
- Deploy automation and IaC to implement operational tasks, jobs, reports etc.
- Maintain top quality technical skills in a broad range of IT topics and products/tools etc.
- Provide IT support and work closely with other technical teams, Development, QA, Database and Operations
What key skills and experience do I need?
- Bachelors’ Degree in computer science, engineering or related discipline or equivalent practical experience
- 6+ years of progressive IT experience in high-traffic production environment
- 6+ years of experience working with Windows Servers, SQL servers
- 6+ years of hands-on experience working in AWS in production setting
- AWS, Terraform, VSCode, GitHub, IIS, CI/CD Pipeline tools experience
- Highly skilled and proficient at working in high-transaction production environment
- Excellent understanding of Microsoft Windows, SQL, AD, etc.
- Clear understanding of Networking and server technologies.
- In-depth knowledge of securing servers and infrastructure
- Possesses excellent communication skills
- Detail-oriented and able to multitask effectively
- Proactively seeking, identifying, exploring and resolving technology gaps in the production networks, systems and services
- Triaging system and application emergencies including downtime reporting and root cause analysis. Ability to effectively prioritize and drive root cause analysis (RCA) and issue resolution.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, organizational, and interpersonal skills with the ability to adapt to changes and new ideas
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate well with different types of audiences
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities and deadlines
- Ability to demonstrate urgency when there are customer impacting issues
What are the perks?
- The opportunity to cooperate with representatives of the world’s largest brands,
- experience built in cooperation with teams from Great Britain and the USA,
- Open and transparent career paths inside the organization,
- Up to 30 days of vacation per year (additional days are granted along with seniority at AUCTANE) + an additional free day for volunteering once a year,
- Free private medical care,
- Attractive life insurance offer,
- Co-financing for sports and recreational activities – the greater, the longer you stay with us,
- Free English, German and Spanish language courses,
- Comfortable working conditions – support for the team and superiors, relaxation rooms, sweets, fresh fruits, integration events,
- Possibility to work in a home-office using equipment provided by AUCTANE, or in our office prepared in accordance with all safety requirements during a pandemic.
Please submit an English version of your resume for this position.