Google Cloud (regular)
Google Cloud (regular)
Playbook Engineering offers a global betting platform that provides a service to established operators and new entrants who are looking to disrupt the industry. We have offices in London and Krakow and are a young and fast-growing company.
We are looking for a passionate Architect/Senior Software Engineer with Rust to join our backend team responsible for the green-field Stratos product. Stratos will be a high-performant, scalable and resilient data feed router used by our betting platform to deliver sports’ feeds to our customers, and you will help us build it from scratch using bleeding-edge, open source technologies and Rust as language of choice.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be responsible for choosing proper technologies and developing high-performance software solutions with attention to integration, performance and keeping resiliency in mind. You will collaborate with other engineers from yours and other Product teams to define all aspects of development, from technology selection, workflows and ci/cd, to coding standards. We expect you to work independently with little to no supervision.
You will work with a leading-edge technology stack comprised of Rust, Kubernetes, RESTful APIs, Couchbase, Postgres and Docker amongst others.
You will join a community of Backend Engineers in the Product Development department who collaborate and support each other in building micro-services for our platform components.
What you will be doing?
- Own the whole development cycle – from architecture design to implementation and testing and maintenance of our products
- Collaborate closely with Product and Service Delivery Teams and other colleagues in an agile environment
- Join a team where Continuous Integration, Code Quality, Code Reviews, Test Coverage, are kept at very high standards, therefore you should also be positive and firm in your attitude towards them
- Deliver fully functional features and products built with Domain-Driven mindset that are well tested and based on user requirements.
- 5-8 years of experience (min. 1 year in RUST)
- Excellent understanding of reactive systems, REST API design principles, relational (e.g. PostgreSQL) and non-relational databases (e.g. Couchbase, Cassandra) and message brokers (e.g. Kafka/Rabbitmq).
- Excellent knowledge of software architecture and design (especially microservices and service-oriented architecture (SOA))
- Expertise with professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle (build, test, deploy, run)
- Paying attention to the quality of the code and appreciating values of testing application at each level (unit, integration, performance testing)
- Working experience with observability concepts – applications performance monitoring (APM), logs and traces implementation, profiling and debugging
- Experience with Google Cloud or other cloud services
- Experience with working with Kubernetes or other container orchestration technologies
- Understanding of Agile/Scrum development cycle
- Growth mindset and willingness to learn
- Proactive approach, can-do attitude
- Problem-solving skills, Ability to dig into code
- You built it, you run it approach, taking ownership of services and applications at scale
- Contract first approach for apis and integrations
- Team player, leadership skills will be an asset
- Excellent communication skills with fluent English so you can communicate with our clients freely
Nice to have:
- Practice in many coding languages (the more the merrier!)
- Health Care and Multisport Card
- Conference and training budgets
- Company library
- Possibility of remote / hybrid / office work
- Flexible working hours – 7/10 – 15/18
- Office in the city center – Rynek Główny 6, 31-042 Kraków
- Top-notch equipment
- Table Soccer and Game console
- Place for your bike
- Employee referral program