We help the world run better
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from.Apply now!
About the SAP Internship Experience Program
The SAP Internship Experience Program is SAP’s global, strategic, paid internship program that provides university students with opportunities to find purpose in their careers.
Three reasons to intern at SAP
1. Culture of collaboration: meet with mentors, make new friends across the globe and create a thriving personal network.
2. Project-driven experience: gain cross-functional skills from our virtual and in-person learning sessions, diverse subject matter experts, and project deliverables.
3. Gain visibility: with SAP Internship Experience Program in your title, you’ll have a global network of SAP leaders, entrepreneurs and career development opportunities at your fingertips.
About the team
As one trusted & reliable Controlling team, we are high-value business partners to our internal customers, SAP’s leaders worldwide.
In strong partnership with all Controlling teams, we are providing a best-in-class support to all of our customers, by focusing on the information that matters most. Our insights and forward-looking guidance enable our leaders to make the right decisions and finally steer their business towards SAP’s ambitious goals.
As an innovative and diverse organization, Business Area Controlling (BAC) continuously strives for efficiency while offering a great place to explore, learn, and grow for more than 370+ people.
Organizationally located within BAC, our Cloud & Infrastructure controlling team is actively engaged in harmonizing financial management of SAP’s internal and external cloud infrastructure, including the operations of data centers and the technical platforms for all SAP Cloud solutions & services worldwide, as well as financial steering of the internal IT portfolio. We are a cross-generational & international team consisting of 14 employees & spread over Europe, USA & Canada, currently working in a hybrid mode.
What you’ll do:
Position title: SAP iXp intern in BAC Controlling
Location: Prague, Czech Republic
Expected start date to end date: September, 1 2022 – at least 6 months or even longer
In this role, you’ll:
As an intern, you will have the chance to gain a deep insight into controlling department. You will support the whole spectrum of controlling activities: from master data management to complex analysis and reporting. You will contribute to help SAP make optimal financial decisions driving sustainable growth. After the end of the contract, you have the possibility to continue working as a working student.
Your assistance will be expected in the following matters:
- Support the team in various recurrent activities such as month- and quarter end closing, forecasting, budgeting as well as reporting to management
- Support with master data maintenance & clean-up
- Support the team on ad hoc reporting and analysis requests
- Process budget transfers and take care of intercompany charging
- Process documentation & publication on SAP internal platforms
- Proactively communicate & interact with the team members & internal stakeholders
- Contribute to BAC initiatives on driving simplification, standardization & automation of key controlling processes.
Who you are:
- We’re looking for someone who takes initiative, perseveres, and stay curious. You like to work on meaningful innovative projects and are energized by lifelong learning.
- Student at a university or university of applied sciences in Business Administration, Economics, Math, Accounting, or comparable subjects
- Computer skills: good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint)
- Language skills: fluent English; German is a plus
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Quality- & result-oriented, proactive attitude
- Work experience in a controlling related field (ideally with SAP) is highly welcome
Follow @SAPiXp on Instagram and don’t miss anything about our experiences worldwide!
We build breakthroughs together
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together.
We win with inclusion
SAP’s culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone – regardless of background – feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team: [email protected]
For SAP employees: Only permanent roles are eligible for the SAP Employee Referral Program, according to the eligibility rules set in the SAP Referral Policy. Specific conditions may apply for roles in Vocational Training.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Requisition ID: 350946 | Work Area: Finance | Expected Travel: 0 – 10% | Career Status: Student | Employment Type: Intern | Additional Locations: #LI-Hybrid.