Spark (nice to have)
Business Analysis (advanced)
Business Analysis (advanced)
Who we are
Frontiers is an award-winning open science platform and leading open access scholarly publisher.
We are one of the largest and most cited publishers globally. To date, our 200,000 freely available research articles have received more than 1 billion views and downloads and 2 million citations. Our journals span science, health, humanities and social sciences, engineering, and sustainability. And we continue to expand into new academic disciplines so more researchers can publish open access.
Be part of the publishing revolution and help us transform the way research is published, evaluated, and communicated to the world.
About the role
The Audience Strategy team is seeking innovative and out-of-the-box business analysts with a strong understanding of the Salesforce ecosystem, looking to ensure our marketing technology solutions are developed to meet business requirements.
The main role is to link between Business representatives and Technical teams to help businesses implement and deploy solutions in a cost-effective way by analysing, defining and documenting the technical / functional requirements fulfilling business needs. To meet functional requirements, they design and propose solutions, validate technical specifications, and ensure that the solution answers business needs.
Reporting to the Audience Strategy Manager and the Head of CXM, they will be working closely with the technical development team, stakeholders across the business and the marketing automation teams.
They will be involved all along the life cycle of user stories : from the business needs definition to the deployment and follow each step (acceptance criteria definition, cost estimation, sprint planning, build, tests, deployment, support).
What you will be doing:
- Work cross-functionally, liaising with all relevant stakeholders from the business and technical teams to translate business requirements into technically feasible solutions.
- Identify and define use cases and develop user stories.
- Identify bottlenecks and propose solutions that enable all stakeholders to work efficiently.
- Identify key business levers, establish cause & effect, perform analyses, and communicate key findings to various stakeholders to facilitate data-driven decision-making.
- Assess technical solutions and validate solution performance.
- Design new processes so we can streamline marketing efforts across all departments.
- Develop data flow diagrams and use case diagrams.
- Produce document requirements to define business needs, model requirements and define business cases.
- Support team on data visualization projects including building dashboards and tools to support all areas of the customer experience team.
- Work closely with data and BI tools such as Tableau and constantly improve them with new automation, processes and workflows.
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in a business analysis, business intelligence or similar role, ideally working on marketing projects.
- Minimum 7 years experience working with Salesforce different clouds.
- Strong understanding of the marketing tech stack (Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Salesforce CDP, Pardot, Google 360, Advertising Studio…).
- Very good knowledge of KPIs monitoring, IT project management and agile methodology.
- Ability to perform data analysis, actively manage multiple projects, work under tight deadlines and consistently deliver quality insights and results.
- Superb organizational skills : workflows, methodological, well-organized, process and detail oriented.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to translate complex problems into simpler terms, and effectively influence both peers and senior leadership.
- Fluency in verbal and written English.
- Desirable 3+ years of experience working with digital marketing data and marketing automation platforms (Pardot, Marketing Cloud, Advertising Studio).
- Expert knowledge of Tableau and other data visualisation tools, preferably in the Salesforce ecosystem.
- Strong understanding of how databases work, types of data, types of relations.
- System Integrations knowledge (many global and local integrations)
- Experience in agile methodologies (Scrum, DevOps)
- Experience of working on projects integrating business process, business rules, business data and technology.
- Experience in marketing operations for technology products.
- Familiarity with big data platforms (e.g. BigQuery, Spark, Databricks) is a plus.
With more than 50 nationalities represented in our global team, you will work regularly with teammates in other countries, and with our community of researchers, editors, and authors from around the globe.
Our mission to create solutions for healthy lives also extends to the working environment we provide for our employees.
- 100% remote working – Employees now have the flexibility to choose where they want to work, with remote working available on a part- or full-time basis (not applicable to some Business Support jobs due to nature of role).
- Learning and development – All employees have access to LinkedIn Learning (and Pluralsight for our technology team), an annual personal learning budget, and dedicated L&D time.
- Wellbeing – We offer free online yoga classes, an employee assistance plan, access to the Headspace app, and four wellbeing days on top of your annual leave allowance.
- Volunteering opportunities – Employees can dedicate three days each year to volunteer for a personal cause or through our volunteering partner platform, Alaya.