RFT C++ Software Developer
As a Barclays RFT C++ Software Developer you will actively contribute to various projects spanning across critical technical deliveries, regulatory projects and platform enhancements. You will be collaborating closely with the Developers, Business Analysts, Architects and Project Managers across all regions and business clusters to deliver robust design and technical solutions in a controlled, transparent and actively risk managed fashion.
Barclays is one of the world’s largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
What will you be doing?
• Analysing new requirements to find the most appropriate technical solution and contribute to the overall system design
• Taking responsibility for and ownership of the development of new features
• Working on all aspects of analysis, design, implementation and deployment of all software related to the core data applications
• Focusing on good code quality and high test coverage and actively participate in code reviews
• Designing and implementing applications and data flows, for accuracy, timeliness, quality and control
• Contributing to the delivery of complex projects in collaboration with global teams across Barclays, to develop new or enhance the existing systems
• Setting up and managing development meetings with application leads and business unit users, producing various management information reports showing trend analysis and KPIs
What we’re looking for:
• Excellent skills in writing C++ code (running on both Windows and Linux would be preferred)
• Sound knowledge of STL library and experience with Boost library
• Good understanding of OOP design patterns
• Excellent communication skills (English, verbal and written)
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Knowledge of Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban)
• Experience with development and agile tools, e.g. JIRA, Git, Autosys and Agile Central
• Knowledge of multithreading and IPC
• A degree in a technical, science, engineering, or mathematical discipline
Where will you be working?
Our Prague office is part of the Operations and Technology Division, and as such, we try our best to stay at the top of our technological game. However, the technology itself is not the most important thing. What matters the most to us is the way our ingenuity can help provide better service to our customers and make life easier for our employees.