Big Data (junior)
Data testing (regular)
Data testing (regular)
Who we are
Frontiers is an award-winning open science platform and leading open access scholarly publisher.
We are one of the largest and most cited publishers globally. To date, our 200,000 freely available research articles have received more than 1 billion views and downloads and 2 million citations. Our journals span science, health, humanities and social sciences, engineering, and sustainability. And we continue to expand into new academic disciplines so more researchers can publish open access.
Be part of the publishing revolution and help us transform the way research is published, evaluated, and communicated to the world.
We are looking for an enthusiastic QA Engineer to work on testing our data products and data processes that serve efficient and AI-supported article review. We believe that Data is one of our key assets at Frontiers and is one of the main deliverables across the IT teams and depending on the application, we can manage a multitude of things including stream data, batch data, bulk data, processed data, data lake, data pipelines, ETLs and machine learning models.
While working for us you will be on guard of the quality of data solutions by projecting tests, analyzing data, writing Python scripts or introducing various types of automated tests and quality gates. Moreover, you might also be involved in some cross-team backend validations requiring API or background processes testing.
By working at Frontiers you will play a key role in shaping the future of science and academic publishing. You will join a thriving company where your contribution will have an immediate effect on the way science is evolving.
We are offering positions remotely based in the UK, Ireland, Spain, Italy, Poland, Portugal, The Netherlands and Germany.
● Mapping business and technical requirements into test suites, test cases, automated tests together with quality control processes.
● Executing tests, reporting and analyzing results in a timely manner.
● Driving the quality mindset of the Development Team together with other QAs.
● Monitoring all stages of the software development lifecycle to identify and resolve bugs or report potential risks.
● Working closely with the Product Owner to define and verify the Acceptance Criteria of our Backlog items.
● Testing new functionalities by analyzing data in Databricks Notebook and coding Python scripts.
● Testing activities in different stages of our big data ETL pipeline, also by implementing new quality gates.
● Cooperating with Machine Learning Engineers, Data Analysts and Scientists to ensure quality and visibility across different data-related teams.
● Testing backend services.
● Preparing test data, monitoring background processes and the data flow.
● Suggesting and introducing improvements in our QA process, also by coding some POCs.
● 3+ years of experience as a QA Engineer in the Agile environment.
● Experience working closely with business teams to understand business requirements and anticipate issues.
● Strong knowledge of QA methodology and tools.
● Experience with Data Testing.
● Working with ETL pipelines.
● Coding skills.
● Analytical mind and strong organization and problem-solving skills.
● Great interpersonal and communication skills.
● Good English skills, we are an international company and English is our working language.
● Experience working with Big Data and Data Lakes.
● Experience with Databricks.
● Experience with Azure DevOps pipelines or Azure Data Factory.
● Coding skills in Spark.
● Experience working with background processes.
● Experience with .Net stack.
● Experience with MongoDB and Elasticsearch or other NoSQL databases.
● Experience with Xray Test Management for JIRA
With more than 50 nationalities represented in our global team, you will work regularly with teammates in other countries, and with our community of researchers, editors, and authors from around the globe.
Our mission to create solutions for healthy lives also extends to the working environment we provide for our employees.
- 100% remote working
- Employees now have the flexibility to choose where they want to work, with remote working available on a part- or full-time basis (not applicable to some Business Support jobs due to nature of role).
- Learning and development
- All employees have access to LinkedIn Learning (and Pluralsight for our technology team), an annual personal learning budget, and dedicated L&D time.
- We offer free online yoga classes, an employee assistance plan, access to the Headspace app, and four wellbeing days on top of your annual leave allowance.
- Volunteering opportunities
- Employees can dedicate three days each year to volunteer for a personal cause or through our volunteering partner platform, Alaya.