If you’re keen on using Python in real-life systems, putting Machine Learning prediction and optimization models to production If you’re enthusiastic to work with a large-scale, on-premise cluster extended with cloud-based solutions, If you like to work in a team of talented and passionate Software Engineers, developing your programming skills, If you’re eager to share your experience, help others, and serve as a technical guide, leading by example, If you like to contribute to the open-source community, Then we have some good news for you! We are looking for someone just like you. We want you in our team!
What & How
We value a good understanding of the best code practices and at the same time friendly and open atmosphere at work. You’ll be working in a cross-functional team for a major global retailer, shaping solutions for hybrid cloud infrastructure (Hadoop, Apache Spark, Azure), automated CI/CD pipelines, and IaaC solutions. We value rapid delivery and use either a Scrum or a Kanban approach. We peer-review 100% of our code and yes, we test the code thoroughly. Last, but not least, we cooperate with each other and value teamwork. We believe that good work-life balance is important for your development and satisfaction and we do highly value your time, passion, and dedication.
What we expect:
- has proven experience in Python (knowledge of JVM languages is a plus),
- has at least basic knowledge of (py)Spark and Hadoop stack,
- has experience with Linux environments,
- maintains high code quality and is able to manage software complexity by good design choices and proper testing,
- understands the best practices principles and has knowledge of fundamental data structures and algorithms,
- has fluency in English language, as seamless communication is one of the most important aspects of software projects,
- last, but not least, is a team player (happy to learn, help, share responsibilities and contribute to the team success.
What’s on offer?
- Private healthcare
- Sport card
- Training package
- Funding of language lessons
- Transparent rules of getting promoted – transparent environment that gives opportunities for personal growth, a promotion and a pay rise
- Virtusity – in-house training division – knowledge sharing is an important part of our actions so we provide internal workshops and rich knowledge base
- Building tech community in Poland – we create a space for the exchange of experience and ideas
- Open source initiatives – we contribute to open source projects and enhance software that is used by software developers around the world
- Flexibility in projects – we make a room for your autonomy and provide you with mentoring and guidance from the first day
- Flexible hours – you decide when you work efficiently
- Integration, sport events and tournaments
- Office in the center of Kraków, Kielce or Rzeszów and soon in Wrocław, Katowice and Gdańsk
- Chillout zones
- MacBook with all additional accessories needed