Values we cherish the most are Ownership, Excitement, Learning, Communication and Teamwork, but if there is one word to describe SoftKraft, it would be: delight.
We exist to delight.
Delight our coworkers
And delight our customers.
We delight our coworkers by providing a challenging environment for their personal and professional growth. In many different ways and dimensions.
Our coworkers’ continuous growth is a foundation for our customers’ delight. Delight achieved by extreme ownership, attention to detail and excellent communication.
To keep delivering delight on one of our PYTHON projects, we need your support!
What we offer:
- Salary aligned with your experience and skills (17-19k netto b2b)
- Flexible working hours (just ensure some overlap with others for occasional standups)
- 100% remote, yet we have cozy offices in Bielsko-Biała if you are into working with us directly (yes, we have decent coffee machine there)
- Work in a well-coordinated team, in a company created by programmers for programmers, where we take the idea of Extreme Ownership by heart.
- Average experience of our co-workers in the company is 9 years – you will be able to learn a lot from those guys. We apply a mentorship program where needed.
- Significant freedom to choose technology/approach to solve given problems
- Well established development and communication standards
- You will get an opportunity to grow not only as a professional but also as a person, as we dedicate significant effort in building soft skills and culture of our community.
- At least 3 years experience in developing web applications
- At least 3 years experience with Python
- Experience in building REST APIs
- Working knowledge of PostgreSQL (or other RDBMS)
- Good command of GIT
- Very good communication skills, teamwork oriented
- Speaking and writing in English (B2 or above)
- Bonus points for working knowledge of ReactJS or VueJS
- Working knowledge of Django and/or Flask
Tasks, duties and responsibilities:
- Building new features and integrating them with existing codebase
- Focusing on solution quality and user experience
- Ongoing collaboration with the rest of the team (code reviews, coordinating development efforts, discussings solutions)
- Work-logging time spent in a dedicated tool – Everhour
- Updating status of work in Basecamp
- Learning. Everyday.
“As software developers we’re paid to be professional learners. People hire us (or should hire us) for what we are capable of learning, not for what we already know.”
— Pat Shaughnessy
One last thing is a short Jocko Willink (author of Extreme Ownership) quote
“You already know what the right thing to do is…
You just gotta do it”