Python Application Developer
Prague, Czech Republic
As Barclays Python Application Developer you will be involved in projects focusing on server side development (MS SQL, Python, Micro services) with some elements of web development (React). You will be given an opportunity to benefit from training that will support your development needs. Our projects have adopted the Agile methodology and are therefore able to deliver changes to the business at short notice, whilst making the business users an integral part of the application design process.
Barclays is one of the world’s largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
This opportunity is open to flexible working arrangements. Such as working from home, flexible or compressed hours, and part-time options. If you have a need for flexibility, please apply and discuss this with us during the hiring process.
What will you be doing?
• Identifying and escalating issues and risks in a timely manner to the development/project manager so that project risk can be mitigated with minimal impact
• Writing well structured, high quality and performant code, taking responsibility, identifying and implementing improvements to existing projects and team processes
• Leading a small team of developers, working closely with other team members and helping them grow
• Understanding the system design, contributing to the system architecture, providing accurate estimates for assigned work
• Communicating effectively with business analysts, project managers and testers, understanding detailed business requirements at all stages of the development lifecycle
• Analysing functional requirements and translating them into technical design and accurate estimates
What we’re looking for:
• Excellent knowledge of Python
• Advanced MSSQL T-SQL skills
• Good knowledge of Object Oriented Programming, exposure to design patterns
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Knowledge of Elastic Search, MongoDB, Kafka
• Good Knowledge of React and Typescript
• Knowledge of source control tools, full knowledge of the software development life cycle
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
Where will you be working?
Our Prague office is part of the Operations and Technology Division, and as such, we try our best to stay at the top of our technological game. However, the technology itself is not the most important thing. What matters the most to us is the way our ingenuity can help provide better service to our customers and make life easier for our employees.