Python Application Developer
Prague, Czech Republic
As Barclays Python Application Developer you will be actively involved in challenging and ambitious projects focusing on server side development (MS SQL, Python, Micro services) with some elements of web development (React). You will be given an opportunity to receive training to support your development needs. Our projects have adopted the Agile methodology and are therefore able to deliver changes to the business at short notice, whilst making the business users an integral part of the application design process.
Barclays is one of the world’s largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
This opportunity is open to flexible working arrangements. Such as working from home, flexible or compressed hours, and part-time options. If you have a need for flexibility, please apply and discuss this with us during the hiring process.
What will you be doing?
• Writing well structured, high quality and performant code, is able to take responsibility for his own code
• Learning new technologies, looking for personal grow
• Working as a part of a team and assisting other team members
• Familiarity with basic development processes and technologies
• Holding ownership and responsibility for code written by yourself and documenting the code
• Processing assigned tasks with own knowledge or limited help of other team members
• Using technical design and working with other team members to deliver requested functionality and tests to confirm quality of implementation
What we’re looking for:
• Good knowledge of Python
• Basic knowledge of T-SQL skills
• Basic knowledge of Object Oriented Programming, exposure to design patterns
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Familiarity with React and Typescript
• Knowledge of development support technologies e.g. source control, bug tracking etc.
• Good knowledge of Office
• Good command of spoken and written English
Where will you be working?
Our Prague office is part of the Operations and Technology Division, and as such, we try our best to stay at the top of our technological game. However, the technology itself is not the most important thing. What matters the most to us is the way our ingenuity can help provide better service to our customers and make life easier for our employees.