We are a global engagement and marketing agency that creates human-centric touchpoints that unleash the power of people to deliver innovation and growth.
Firm believers in the power of building community since 1987, we are helping brands, associations and not-for-profit organisations solve their key people challenges through our core expertise: Live & virtual events, Strategic & digital communications and Consulting & community solutions.
We are an independently owned agency, headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, with a global presence of 60 offices in 31 countries.
We are presently expanding our Prague Office with the following position:
Based in Prague
Your mission :
For this position, you will have to provide support to your superiors and/or subordinates in the overall organization of a congress, from attending meetings with our clients to preparing all necessary documents, helping delegates in their registration and hotel bookings, travelling to the congress destination for the onsite as well as proceeding with the financial closing of the congress.
Your main tasks will include:
Leadership & Relationship Management
- Actively contribute to operational improvement processes
- Co-manage team with high turnover (trainees and temporary staff) to face peak period
- Maintain across product practices knowledge and be able to implement basic concepts
- Juggle with workload (staff need) and staff availabilities
- Processing registration applications for individual participants and groups
- Reservation of registration, networking activities, courses, visas, etc.
- Payment management: control, reminders…
- Control, support and insertion of participants lists for congress badge printing
- Preparation of documents for participants (templates, emails…) and congress team.
- Processing hotel applications for groups and individual participants
- Allocation of hotel rooms, modification, cancellation and payment controls
- Verification, insertion and management of hotels "rooming lists"
- Management and control of hotel modifications
- Hotel contract deadlines verification
- Negotiate with suppliers
- Manage Hotel contract deposits and invoice payment deadlines
- Post event hotels’ account receivable management
- On-line registrations and on-site links verification
- Preparation and presentation of onsite briefings for Hosts/Hostesses
- Worldwide travels for congress onsite
- Contribute to run on-site operations
- Elaborate relevant registration and hotel statistics for both internal and client use.
- Manage (in)direct participants & suppliers
- Supervise trainees operational tasks and deadlines on a day-to-day basis
- Rigorous check of all financial streams and supports (incoming / outgoing invoices)
- Handle the cash flow (participants, suppliers)
Admin, IT & Tools
- Work on B-Com software – MCI Registration, Hotel and Financial dedicated tool
Your profile :
- Bachelor degree in Event Management, Hotel Management, Tourism or similar domain.
- A first experience in the hotel, events or congress business
- A good knowledge of international hotel industry.
- Fluent English (both in writing and speaking)
- Other languages are a plus (French, German)
- Advanced computer skills in Excel, Word and Outlook
- Flexibility, adaptability
- Used to work as part of a team
- Be rigorous in work
- Demonstrate organizational skills
- Demonstrate financial skills (inflow and outflow)
MCI is where you can bring your true self to work and be proud of what you do. Join us and make a difference!