As Project Manager , you will manage the success of multiple concurrent airport platform and product lifecycle projects, deliver the agreed scope on time, on budget, and at the targeted quality level. You will be accountable for a mix of lifecycle and obsolescence event projects and programs and will be global in nature at the airports where SITA has products and solutions supporting our customers’ business interests. The role will also involve coaching new team members and help to define and document project deliverables, processes, and procedures.
Reporting to the Program Director, you will be a part of the Technology Lifecycle Management Team, responsible for delivery of technology lifecycle projects and programs at airports globally. The team is responsible for projects and programs where a significant change to a SITA Product or Portfolio platform (or the underpinning infrastructure) is required. This may be driven by:
1. An obsolescence or lifecycle event,
2. A new product or product enhancement
3. Improvement to the security profile at our airports
At SITA, we are meeting the new needs of travel ay! Are you ready to join us?
What you will do
• Manage the full life cycle for each project
• Ensure that each project is properly planned and resourced
• Manage the implementation tasks to ensure that key project milestones are met
• Work with and manage a global virtual team of internal and external resources and stakeholders
• Identify, analyze and quantify risks.
• Regularly review risks and where necessary to ensure that steps are taken to mitigate them
• Provide project reporting as established by or agreed with SITA management
• Manage and control scope and other project changes
• Manage the transition to SITA Operations and to achieve full acceptance from designated project stakeholders
• Develop or improve SITA’s lifecycle management project processes and procedures.
• Deliver necessary compliance with the SITA business requirements, project methodologies and SITA processes and organization
Who you are
• Capable of organizing, coordinating and influencing virtual teams focused on delivery and support within an international environment.
• Be autonomous and agile in a constantly changing environment, take the initiative when required and display a pro-active and positive approach to all tasks.
• Be able to speak and write English fluently.
• Ideally have 5+ years project experience in IT Project Management, with a technical mindset and interest.
• Experience of working in an international environment and be willing to travel several times a year.
• Experience of working in the Air Transport Industry is a plus.
• University degree or technical equivalent.
• Formal project management training and certification (or relevant experience in PM role).
• Knowledge of IT and an understanding of the ATI.
What we offer
SITA’s workplace is all about diversity: many different countries and cultures are represented in our workforce, and colleagues who’ve been working here for decades collaborate with those just out of college and early in their careers. SITA is a place of change and constant improvement, where we’re always pushing ourselves to find better ways of doing things: smarter, quicker, easier, for us and our customers and for their customers too.
And we offer all the good stuff you’d expect like holidays, bonus, flexible benefits, medical policy, pension plan and access to world class learning.