Graphic design (regular)
web design (regular)
Graphic design (regular)
web design (regular)
One of our goals at Pearson is to help more people learn English and other languages, to enable them to make progress in their lives, whether that’s to get a promotion at work, to move abroad to study or work or to earn a qualification. Mondly is part of our English Language Learning division. Mondly offers high quality online learning in English and 40 other languages to consumers across the world via its mobile and web apps, virtual reality and augmented reality products. It has had 100 million downloads worldwide, offering professional and personal language learning in a combination of 1300+ different language pairs.
This is an exciting time to join the Pearson Mondly team, as you can play a key part in shaping growth plans.
As the Product Department at Mondly is growing fast, we’re looking for a Product Designer with specific focus on web experience to take charge and help shape the future of learning across our product portfolio.
In your role, you’d work directly with the product and design leadership of Mondly and contribute to the future direction of the experiences across the Mondly universe.
- Develop intuitive, usable, and engaging interactions that our 100 million users will love
- Analyze how new features tie in with market needs and consumer preferences
- Set design requirements based on briefs from internal teams
- Lead conceptual design tasks and product discovery on new features and products
- Lead the web-based experience across Mondly’s products
- Craft pixel-perfect designs and prototypes following the latest guidelines in the industry
- Test functionality for prototypes
- Modify and revise existing designs to meet changing customer preferences
- Contribute to Mondly.com’s website, newsletters, web libraries and help attract new users through innovative and compelling experiences
- Lead web-interactions and animations
- Offer support to the design team for graphic design tasks requested by other departments from the company
- Work from a company-wide design system and craft beautiful product experiences
- Build a strong connection with the user-base and understand what the needs are
- Understand behavioral patterns and how to use market data to inform design conclusions
- Collaborate with product management, engineering and analytics during all the design stages
- Take part in QA testing and regression post implementation
- Follow the current design trends to identify new product improvement opportunities
- Coordinate with other design team members to ensure consistent and accurate communication
Qualifications & Skills
- Degree (or equivalent) preferred ideally in design or equivalent experience
- Relevant experience in web design and graphic design
- A good understanding of product discovery and the creative process involved in building out products
- Excellent skills in color theory, image composition, and typography
- Advanced experience in Sketch or Figma
- Ability to create illustrations and icon sets
- Ability to create animations and work with lottiefiles (or similar tools)
- Ability to communicate in a technical manner
- Understanding of psychological concepts and how they interact with product development
- Experience with design sprints and first-hand user testing
- Attention to detail and ability to create pixel-perfect static and interactive prototypes
- A strong portfolio of prior products
- Deep understanding of Web behavior and browser compatibility
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills
- Belief in Mondly’s mission to create a world where learning new languages is enjoyable and accessible to everyone with access to a smartphone
- Robust decision making – based on evidence and data
- Passion for education and learning
- Possesses a global outlook and approach
- Operates as a self-aware, effective team player
- Experience of working and thriving in a global matrix organization is beneficial
- Excellent communication skills in English language is a must
- Digital Transformer: Continuously improving and learning, able to identify and create real-time, iterative solutions to external or internal obstacles.
- Understand the Business: Has/develops a knowledge of business and product strategies. Brings digital mindset and experience to bear in solving challenges and capturing opportunities.
- Collaboration: Acts as a member of cross-functional teams with minimal guidance. Partners closely with internal stakeholders.
- Innovator: Investigates and validates new market and product opportunities based on emerging trends.