Cloudbeds is the hospitality industry’s fastest-growing technology provider for hotels, hostels, vacation rentals, and hotel groups. Our award-winning Cloudbeds Hospitality Platform is currently helping a growing clientele of 22,000+ properties in 157 countries to increase revenue, streamline operations, and deliver memorable guest experiences.
Behind the Cloudbeds platform is a growing team of 700+ employees distributed across 40+ countries speaking 30+ languages. From data architects to UX designers, integrations managers to payments experts, former hotel managers to former OTA executives, our team comprises the brightest minds in technology and hospitality working to solve the industry’s biggest challenges.
From the beginning, we’ve believed that our people are our greatest asset, so we’ve founded the company as #RemoteFirst, #RemoteAlways with shared core values that allows our team to thrive. This means we:
- Hire the best people wherever they’re located;
- Emphasize the value of results over hours put in;
- Provide flexibility in working hours and locations;
- Foster an inclusive environment that celebrates bold thinking and diverse perspectives;
- Offer open vacation policies, free LinkedIn Learning, and other benefits that promote well-being and professional development.
Together we’re on a mission to power every property in the world and to do that, we need to find the best talent in the world. That’s why we’re on the search for a superstar Principal Engineer.
As a Principal Engineer, you will implement new architectures, features, and best practices to scale the Cloudbeds subscription billing capabilities as well as manage the other individual contributing engineers on the team. Your work on integrations with our CRM, financial, and tax compliance systems support the scale and operations of our globally distributed, #remotefirst team. Your goal is to deliver exceptional software in a risk-averse, yet agile development methodology. You prefer projects where test coverage and accuracy is top of mind, and the systems are mission-critical. Alongside your team, you will leverage modern SaaS and Amazon Web Services (AWS) technologies across all layers of the software stack.
Location: Remote – Czech Republic
What You Will Do:
- Lead software design and development on the Cloudbeds billing platform, including services for pricing, subscriptions, invoicing, and reporting
- Lead a team of cross-functional engineers to deliver high-quality, iterative solutions, optimizing business processes for our Finance, Sales, and Customer Success teams
- Collaborate with data, reporting, and business intelligence teams to develop cohesive insights from billing, platform, and external data
- Improve and direct visibility and quality of the app to reduce the risk of sending bad/stale data to finance
- As a manager of a small team, drive, coach, and advocate for platform test coverage, quality, and engineering efficiency
- Re-architect and re-factor existing systems to align with project requirements
- Write clean, well-documented, and beautiful code
You’ll Succeed With:
- 10+ years experience developing web applications; 5+ years in PHP
- 3+ years experience developing cloud-native and large-scale platforms in Billing, Accounting, or Fintech verticals, or other risk-averse industries
- 2+ years experience performing code reviews and mentoring/developing ambitious and skilled, but more junior, engineers
- Natural leadership skills and style
- No fear about moving through all parts of the software stack
- Strong experience engineering with AWS services (Compute, Storage, Delivery).
- Strong experience engineering with relational and non-relational databases (RDS, MySQL, DynamoDB, Redis)
- Strong experience integrating with multiple internal and 3rd party APIs
- Strong experience designing a testing strategy, implementing the automated tests, and adding application metrics and monitoring to an existing application
- Ability to work remotely and effectively manage your time in a fast paced environment
- Advanced English verbal and written skills
Nice to Have:
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other technical field
- Salesforce integration experience
- Experience working with (and/or migrating away from) Angular 1.0
- Experience as an Engineering Manager
Our company culture supports flexible working schedules with an open Paid Time Away policy and gives all team members the opportunity to travel and work remotely with great people. If you think you have the skills and passion, we’ll give you the support and opportunity to thrive in your career. If you would like to be considered for the role, we would love to hear from you!
Company Awards to Check Out!
- Fastest Growing Companies | Inc. 500 (2018 & 2019)
- Best Places to Work | Inc Magazine (2017 & 2018)
- Best Places to Work | HotelTechReport (2018, 2019, 2020, 2021)
- Best Property Management System | HotelTechReport (2021, 2022)
- Best Hotel Management Software | HotelTechReport (2022)
- Start-Ups to Watch | Forbes (2018)
- Best Startup Employers | Forbes (2020, 2022)
- Technology Fast 500 | Deloitte (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Top 100 North America | Red Herring (2020)
- Connect MIP Award (Technology)
Cloudbeds is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer that celebrates the diversity in our global team! We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Cloudbeds is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Cloudbeds will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process or to perform essential job functions please contact our HR team by phone at 858-201-7832 or via email at [email protected].
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Cloudbeds. Staffing, recruiting agencies, and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit applications, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. Cloudbeds does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Cloudbeds employees, or any other company location. Cloudbeds is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
Powered by JazzHR