Cloudbeds is the hospitality industry’s fastest-growing technology provider for hotels, hostels, vacation rentals, and hotel groups. Our award-winning Cloudbeds Hospitality Platform is currently helping a growing clientele of 22,000+ properties in 157 countries to increase revenue, streamline operations, and deliver memorable guest experiences.
Behind the Cloudbeds platform is a growing team of 500+ employees distributed across 40+ countries speaking 30+ languages. From data architects to UX designers, integrations managers to payments experts, former hotel managers to former OTA executives, our team comprises the brightest minds in technology and hospitality working to solve the industry’s biggest challenges.
From the beginning, we’ve believed that our people are our greatest asset, so we’ve founded the company as #RemoteFirst, #RemoteAlways with shared core values that allow our team to thrive. This means we:
- Hire the best people wherever they’re located;
- Emphasize the value of results over hours put in;
- Provide flexibility in working hours and locations;
- Foster an inclusive environment that celebrates bold thinking and diverse perspectives;
- Offer open vacation policies, free LinkedIn Learning and other benefits that promote well-being and professional development.
Together we’re on a mission to power every property in the world, and to do that, we need to find the best talent in the world. That’s why we’re on the search for a superstar Principal Software Engineer.
As a Principal Software Engineer, you will design and develop new architectures, features, and best practices, as well as aid the application’s transformation to microservices. Your goal is to help us deliver an exceptional experience to our customers all around the world.
This job is in the Property Management Tribe, which supports the day to day work of hotel staff all over the world. This includes Guest Management, House-keeping, Accounting, Folio, Room Assignments, Calendar and Check In/Out. We are industry leaders in providing the best experience for our customers and their guests and we would like to keep it that way.
Our teams have a high degree of autonomy and release iteratively to our customers, while collaborating with other teams across the organization to define common practices. As a principal engineer you will be working with tribe leadership to support multiple product teams within the tribe.
Location: Remote – Czech Republic
What You Will Do:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams and multi-level stakeholders to plan, design, build and ship high quality features.
- Be a mentor to other engineers through practices like pair programming and code reviews.
- Re-architect and re-factor existing systems to align with project requirements, advocating for design best practices and a high code quality.
- Lead architecture decisions on Tribe level. Propose solutions and POCs. Guide and implement them together with the squads.
- Design the long term vision of our technology and new component architectures.
- Write clean, well-documented, and beautiful code.
- Advocate for quality and test automation.
You’ll Succeed With:
- 10+ years of PHP web application software engineering experience.
- 5+ years experience one or more modern PHP frameworks (Laravel, Symfony, CodeIgniter)
- 3+ years of experience with Java
- FE experience (vue.js, React or relevant)
- Strong communication skills and diplomacy. Our teams communicate in English, but few speak it as a first language
- A strong business sense and ability to collaborate with leadership and non-technical stakeholders on highly visible projects
- Ability to wield technical influence without power and to resolve technical disputes rationally. Have the passion for new technologies needed to explore new ways of doing things, but also have the wisdom to know most aren’t needed.
- Ability to quickly understand large software components
- A passion for data-driven decision making (metrics, experiments, prototypes, …)
- Understanding and evaluating short and long term risk vs implementation speed for different technologies.
- Deep understanding of scalability and DevOps maintainability.
- Expert knowledge of relational and non-relational databases, indexing, and searching technologies.
- Experience designing and building microservice solutions based on (Kafka, Debezium… or relevant).
- Experience with cloud infrastructure (Docker, Kubernetes, AWS).
- Strong knowledge and a passion for software best practices, SOLID principles, design patterns, code review and testing.
- Strong teamwork, leadership, and time management skills.
Nice to Have:
- Experience working with a remote-first and globally distributed team.
- Travel industry experience is a plus but definitely not required!
- Experience with Atlassian products [Jira/Confluence/Bitbucket].
Our company culture supports flexible working schedules with an open Paid Time Away policy and gives all team members the opportunity to travel and work remotely with great people. If you think you have the skills and passion, we’ll give you the support and opportunity to thrive in your career. If you would like to be considered for the role, we would love to hear from you!
Company Awards to Check Out!
- Fastest Growing Companies | Inc. 500 (2018 & 2019)
- Best Places to Work | Inc Magazine (2017 & 2018)
- Best Places to Work | HotelTechReport (2018, 2019, 2020, 2021)
- Best Property Management System | HotelTechReport (2021, 2022)
- Best Hotel Management Software | HotelTechReport (2022)
- Start-Ups to Watch | Forbes (2018)
- Best Startup Employers | Forbes (2020, 2022)
- Technology Fast 500 | Deloitte (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Top 100 North America | Red Herring (2020)
- Connect MIP Award (Technology)
Cloudbeds is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer that celebrates the diversity in our global team! We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Cloudbeds is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Cloudbeds will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process or to perform essential job functions please contact our HR team by phone at 858-201-7832 or via email at [email protected].
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Cloudbeds. Staffing, recruiting agencies, and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit applications, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. Cloudbeds does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Cloudbeds employees, or any other company location. Cloudbeds is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
Powered by JazzHR