Payroll Specialist – Temporary
The Payroll Specialist is responsible for preparation and input of European payroll information, using SIRVA’s HRIS/Payroll system and working with our vendor partners. This role will manage the day to day responsibilities and requires the ability to maintain accuracy throughout the payroll process. Some support of Human Resources will also be required of this position as well.
FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
50% - Maintain payroll operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes while maintaining employee confidentiality and protecting payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Owning the end to end payroll process for multiple European entities (monthly paid)
- Responsible for collating and transmitting input, reviewing output and providing primary approval of the European payrolls working with the outsourced payroll vendor
- Liaising with counterparts such as Finance, to resolve accounting issues, Internal Tax Team & the Global Payroll Manager to remain aligned with internal best practices
- To assist with any internal / external payroll audit tasks
- Maintain accurate records of payroll documentation and transactions
- Preparing and distribute income statements
- Respond to payroll-related inquiries and resolving concerns
- Performing account balance and payroll reconciliations
- Prepare financial reports for accounting and auditing purposes
- Prepare periodic payroll reports for review by management
- Review/Prepare/Audit required governmental filings
- To liaise with tax authorities, pension and benefit providers plus other third parties as required
- Involvement in ad hoc projects as required.
20% - Process monthly variation payments (such as absence, holiday, maternity, bonus etc.) as directed from the organisation. Work with external vendors (including tax specialist, local authorities and outside counsel) to supply reporting information, reimbursement or any other required documentation
20% - Work in partnership with HR to support processes such as HRIS data input, employee file maintenance, offer letters, job postings, employee on-boarding/off-boarding. Support HR with any local registrations where required such as medical declarations and right to work applications with relevant ministries. Some local adhoc general administration may be required on occasion.
10% - Work with payroll software vendor to troubleshoot issues and problems
QUALIFICATIONS AND PREFERRED SKILLS
- Must be self-directed, flexible, motivated and work well independently as well as with a team
- Must consistently take a hands-on, proactive approach
- Ability to handle sensitive documents and maintain confidentiality
- Strong organizational skills and particular diligence in documentation and record keeping
- Have an active interest in personal and professional development
- Exceptional interpersonal, oral and written communication skills an absolute must
- Ability to multi-task effectively
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- 2-4 years of European Payroll experience (Ceridian HR/Payroll Web payroll system exp. preferred)
- Accounting background a plus