React (nice to have)
If you would like to shape your own role, want to learn, and are not afraid to try and fail, if you can speak up when something bothers you and you like the vibes of working in a home-like environment – we are the place for you!
Requirements: 3+ years in Node.js and TypeScript, experience with AWS, good command of written and spoken English (B2).
Salary: 18-23,5K on B2B + up to 26 paid holidays or 15-19,5K gross on the contract of employment (UoP).
Perks and benefits: remote/office (up to you), flexible working hours, additional 10 days of paid sick leave on B2B, private medical care (PZU) and Multisport card, English lessons with a native speaker, self-development budget (2000 PLN / year), knowledge-sharing activities (company library, internal and external hackathons, certifications, team sessions).
About us: intent has over 10+ years of experience in helping to conceptualize, design and build apps for IoT and connected devices. We are a software house that act as specialized think partner for products at the intersection of physical and digital – from net-new to products looking to enter a competitive and established niche. Some of our clients include Oura, BOSE, and McIntosh audio systems.
- Designing and building APIs (RESTful and GraphQL based) with Node.js and Typescript.
- Deploying code on infrastructures primarily based on AWS.
- Working with data stored inside various DBs.
- Thoroughly testing your code, we primarily use Jest.
- Estimating your future work.
- Working with CI/CD pipelines based on either Github Actions or CircleCI.
- Mentoring junior developers to help them succeed and develop.
- Taking part in knowledge sharing with other tech freaks.
- Participating in the requirement discussion meetings and daily calls, providing feedback on inconsistencies and open issues.
- A proven track record in commercial Node.js projects (3 years or more).
- Strong TypeScript skills.
- Hands-on experience with DBs, both SQL and NoSQL like MongoDB, DynamoDB, Firebase.
- Working experience in deploying scalable and reliable backend services on AWS (or GCP).
- Experience in writing Unit Tests / TDD.
- At least B2 English skills (both written and spoken).
- Out-of-the-box thinking and creativity (we care about your problem-solving skills, not the lines of code you write).
- Following high-quality programming standards.
- Keeping track of the industry developments and taking the initiative to incorporate these into the company technologies.
- Engagement and team-play.
- Jira, Confluence.
- Slack, Zoom, GSuite.
- Working experience in configuring CI/CD (with CircleCI / Github Actions / Jenkins / Gitlab CI).
- Hands-on experience with React, Nest.js / Express.js, GraphQL.
- Practice in building infrastructure as code with tools like Terraform, AWS CDK, or Cloudformation.
- Knowledge paradigms of serverless API engineering (eg. AWS Lambda).
- Knowledge of TypeORM or Mongoose.
- Experience in working in Agile or Scrum environments.
During the first week, you will be getting to know your team, the company and its values, and the tools we use. You can count on HR, your buddy, and your team, in general, to help you with all the new information. You will also receive your first tasks. You can expect constant feedback coming from your leader.
After first month passes, you will meet with an HR representative to share your thoughts and impressions and to hear what others say about your work. After the second month, your team leader and an HR person will meet with you to discuss your probation period and the next steps we want to take – continue cooperating with you, fix some issues we see, or part our ways. After the third month, you will be a fully-fledged intent employee!
- A screening call with an HR person (30-45 mins).
- A technical interview (1,5 hour).
- Final feedback received within a week after the interview.