At Pearson, we add life to a lifetime of learning so everyone can realize the life they imagine. We
do this by creating vibrant and enriching learning experiences designed for real-life impact.
We’re on a journey to be 100% digital to ensure we can deliver direct to consumers everywhere.
This has only been accelerated by COVID-19. To meet the changing needs of the global
population we have developed a new strategy with ambitious targets. Our Purpose | Add Life to a
Lifetime of Learning
At Pearson, we are focused on delivering the best products and outcomes to more people than
ever before by leveraging technology, such as the Pearson Learning Platform, thus we are
looking for talented Network Engineers to support our projects delivery for our US Team.
Position: Network Engineer
Est working hours: 2pm – 10 pm (CET)
Location: Poznań, Poland (hybrid or working from home)
Your Daily Responsibilities
- As part of the Public Cloud and Network team you will support and troubleshoot Pearson’s data centre routing and switching infrastructure, hybrid-cloud interconnect platform, and foundational network services.
- Responding to queries and ServiceNow requests for change or needed configuration related to supported network infrastructure
- Assist in maintaining the health of the global routing and switching infrastructure estate at Pearson Data Centres.
Your Skills & Qualifications
- 3+ years of relevant industry experience in a large-scale multi data centre infrastructure environment.
- Cisco Routing & switching experience with specific emphasis on global-scale wide-area networks, BGP, and VPN overlays.
- Strong knowledge of enabling services such as DNS, strong systems administration skills with a focus on RHEL/CentOS platforms, and a deep understanding of end-to-end monitoring and management methodologies and tools. Infoblox knowledge a plus.
- Knowledge of foundational principles of data-networking, load-balancing (F5 a plus), network security, virtualization technologies, public cloud platforms, and application delivery.
- Programming skills, with the ability to write modular, maintainable code (preferably Python), and experience of working in development environments.
- Experience developing and supporting code-driven infrastructure on public cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP), and the extension of this code-driven methodology to traditional on-premise infrastructure.
- Experience using automation frameworks and tools such as Git, Rundeck, Ansible, Terraform, and CloudFormation.
- Experience with various tools such as a Protocol Analyzer, SolarWinds, and RADIUS.
- Confident, critical thinking problem solver with excellent written and interpersonal skills; ability to make sound decisions under pressure with limited information, and influence decision making at all levels.
- Proactively research using the necessary tools to identify troublesome trends as they develop; maintain high service levels for the data centre and cloud connectivity estate.
- Bachelor’s Degree – Computer Science, Engineering, Science, or equivalent experience.
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) Cisco Certified Internetwork Professional (CCIP) Cisco Certified Design Professional (CCDP) or Cisco Certified Security Professional (CCSP) credentials a plus.
- Send your CV and Cover letter (optionally) in English.
- When applying, please let us know if you have a legal right to work in the country in which the job is based.
- Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E- Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply