Computer networks (advanced)
Computer networks (advanced)
Get to know us better
CodiLime is a software and network engineering industry expert and the first-choice service partner for top global networking hardware providers, software providers and telecoms. We create proofs-of-concept, help our clients build new products, nurture existing ones and provide services in production environments. Our clients include both tech startups and big players in various industries and geographic locations (US, Japan, Israel, Europe).
While no longer a startup – we have 300+ people on board and have been operating since 2011 we’ve kept our people-oriented culture. Our values are simple:
- Act to deliver
- Disrupt to grow.
- Team up to win.
The project and the team
We are a team of engineers focusing on accelerating network solutions in new ways. Using best software practices and integration with the latest technologies we are helping network market leaders to elevate networking into a higher level. The team is not associated with one particular project but rather freely cooperates in the area of expertise.
Our team is multidisciplinary and consists of numerous software, QA and DevOps engineers with many years of experience. However the most important thing that we count on is teamwork, good communication skills and a friendly atmosphere 🙂
In our work we utilize new hardware designs and help our customers to improve them. We also run our own lab that we constantly improve and expand to suit the best for recent projects. What may interest you is that we pay special attention to automation. We have successfully built our projects on CI/CD systems with many types of tests including advanced staging environments physical and virtual. This not only makes the development team happy, but benefits our clients and allows us to be able to quickly respond to business needs.
Other things you should know:
- The team you will be working with consist of around 30 engineers divided into smaller projects (each a dozen or so)
- Project meetings are limited to the bare minimum
- We use Kanban/Agile methodologies for our work delivery
- Our core technology stack has so far consisted of: C, P4, Python, OpenStack, K8s, Linux, DPDK, Ansible, Pytest, Jenkins, Proxmox, Grafana, Prometheus, Trex, Tungsten Fabric, OVS, FPGA
As a part of the project team, your responsibility will be to:
- Design and implement orchestration for new network solutions using OpenStack and K8s
- Configure and modify deployments to support new hardware and it’s capabilities
- Troubleshoot existing solutions with help of other skilled software engineers and proposing improvements to existing systems
- Develop a CI/CD system helping to accelerate software development cycle
- Prepare test environments and PoC
- Be in contact with the solution architect and product owners to discuss the chosen approach
- Coach a skilled team of engineers in your area of expertise
Do we have a match?
As a OpenStack Engineer you must meet the following criteria:
- Very good knowledge of OpenStack and it’s architecture
- Experience in setting up private cloud infrastructure
- Good knowledge of Linux virtualization: KVM, Libvirt, Docker
- Knowledge of computer networks (L2/L3 protocols, routing protocols)
- Knowledge of at least one programming language (Python and Bash preferred)
- Experience with CI/CD and tools like Jenkins, Ansible, Github and Gitlab
- Good communication skills, English on min. B2+ level
Beyond the criteria above, we would appreciate:
- Knack for coaching and team leading
- Experience with OpenStack in production
- Knowledge of new network technologies (SDN, smartNIC)
- Experience with enterprise class network equipment
- Knowledge of network hardware virtualization – SRIOV, vDPA, DPDK
More reasons to join us
- Flexible working hours and approach to work: fully remotely, in the office or hybrid
- Professional growth supported by internal training sessions and a training budget
- Solid onboarding with a hands-on approach to give you an easy start
- A great atmosphere among professionals who are passionate about their work
- The ability to change the project you work on