Microsoft 365 (advanced)
Sony Corporation of America, located in New York, NY, is the U.S. headquarters of Sony Group Corporation, based in Tokyo, Japan. Sony’s principal U.S. businesses include Sony Electronics Inc., Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC, Sony Music Entertainment, Sony Music Publishing and Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc. With some 900 million Sony devices in hands and homes worldwide today, a vast array of Sony movies, television shows and music, and the PlayStation Network, Sony creates and delivers more entertainment experiences to more people than anyone else on earth. To learn more: www.sony.com/en.
As Global Technical Architect for Microsoft 365 in Sony Americas, the job holder will be a primary technical contact for all technical matters relating to the platform, the job holder works closely with peers, regional architects and global Microsoft365 product owner to ensure that Microsoft 365 services and its supporting platforms provide maximum benefit to the Sony subsidiaries & business groups.
The job holder acts as global architect for Microsoft technologies to ensure end-user productivity services are designed, planned, and deployed in-line with Sony standards and customer expectations and performs a supporting role to the regional architect for delivery of services. The architect will also have knowledge of non-Microsoft services as a key component of integration of services.
Work with members of the various security and information risk management teams to deliver EUP solutions that are secure by design reducing the risk of data loss or security breaches thus protecting the Sony brand and its customers.
Plays a supporting role to Sony Op-Co IT groups and management supporting the planning and adoption of Microsoft 365 services for GISC.
Works closely with various third-party service providers to ensure solutions and services provided to Sony are delivered in a professional and cost-effective manner.
Provides support & guidance to EUSP customers and other IS groups as subject matter expert for the given technology areas.
- Works closely with other global architects and takes lead role in the design, planning, and deployment of EUSP services to deliver resilient, secure, and sustainable infrastructure architectures to meet the needs of GISC, Sony corporate and GISC’s internal clients; continues to explore areas for improvement and architect solutions to deliver these improvements where needed.
- Captures and analyses business requirements to determine the need and scope for the introduction of, or improvement to, infrastructure technologies.
- Keeps abreast of all technological and architectural developments internal and external to Sony, and evaluation of the benefits and requirements of implementing any of these technologies in relation to Sony’s business needs.
Planning and Analysis Services
- Performs assessments for the implementation of new technologies that best meet Sony’s requirements and cost objectives.
- Has Architecture over-sight to ensure services are implemented in-line with security controls and manufacturers best-practise.
- Works closely with global architects and project leads to ensure platforms and services are deployed in a consistent manner.
Requirements Definition Services
- Provides written information relating to Requirements Definition Services to enable development of appropriate documentation (e.g., business requirements documentation), and review documents.
- Involves Providers in Third Party application technical design activities, conducts interviews, group workshops, and surveys to determine infrastructure requirements (e.g., system interface, performance, Availability, disaster recovery).
Daily Operation / productions systems
- Provides operational support in case of re-occurring production issues.
- Provides input to design and solutions to operational and production re-occurring problems; presents solutions / alternatives to the other regional management including design costs risks …
- Provides support and guidance to peers and regional architects within the shared services.
Assists when required with the support and management of EUP services (not limited to), notably:
- Microsoft 365
- Active Directory & associated systems
– ADFS, AzureAD, AD Certificate Services
- Azure Services – Conditional Access, Enterprise Application, AppProxy
- Messaging (Exchange, messaging routing, mail Hygiene)
- System Management (including Intune, SCCM)
- Microsoft Teams Collaboration and Unified Communications
- Microsoft Compliance and Security Center
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Consistent delivery of high-class solution and support for EUSP customers
- Demonstrable experience of supporting, managing and deploying EUSP services
- Creation of new, innovative, and relevant ideas to improve EUSP’s service portfolio.
- Developing and maintain close working relationships with other Sony IS groups and partner organisations.
- Satisfaction of customers relative to EUSP’s service delivery and support
QUALIFICATIONS FOR POSITION
Demonstrable knowledge of Microsoft based technologies, specifically:
- Experience in the planning, deployment, and management of Microsoft 365 E5 platforms and technologies – Azure, Teams, Exchange, OneDrive, SharePoint Online, Power Platform + others.
- Understanding of Microsoft Unified communications technologies – specifically Microsoft Teams, Enterprise Voice and Teams meeting room solutions (MTR’s).
- Experience of Microsoft security & assurance services such as MIP, DLP & eDiscovery.
- Understanding of the Microsoft PowerPlatform and associated applications & services.
- Expert in Microsoft identity-based platforms such as Active Directory, ADFS, Azure AD, ADCS and PKI.
- Deep understanding of Microsoft Exchange & associated Mail hygiene services such as ProofPoint and EOP
- Development experience of Microsoft SharePoint beneficial
- Good understanding of Windows server & virtualisation technologies such as VMWare and Hyper V. Experience of clustering and SQL server beneficial
- Experience of systems Management services such as InTune, SCCM & SCOM
- Foundational experience of Microsoft Azure and AWS IAAS platforms
- Network Break & Inspect Devices (Cloud Access Security Brokers, Data Loss Prevention, Proxy Devices, Secure Web Gateways, WAN Accelerators & Optimizers)
- Firewalls and Load Balancers
- Must have Architectural Proficiency with integrating Microsoft and non-Microsoft Mobile Device/Mobile Application Management & Unified Endpoint Management solutions with Exchange/Office 365 (Intune, Airwatch, Workspace One etc) as well as other third party email aware apps (Unified Communications/Messaging, Fax, Printer/Scanners)
- Expert in planning, deployment, and management of SCCM
- Previous experience in designing and deploying Azure and other VDI / remote access solutions
- Strong written, presentation and interpersonal skills; able to use a variety of mediums; confident and able to communicate at all levels to achieve best solutions for company and client.
- Understands IT governance and project management methodologies such as ITIL and Prince2.
- Manages technical projects through their lifecycle from inception to completion.
- Experience of agile project management methodologies beneficial.
- Must have at least 7+ years’ Architecture experience Designing, Implementing, Configuring, Testing, Migrating & Security Exchange (on-premises/online) & Exchange Hybrid Solutions.
- Understanding & Experience on handling Acquisitions & Divestiture
- Microsoft 365 & Office 365 services
- IDM/Single Sign On Experience
- Intune Mobile Device & Mobile App Management
- System Center Configuration Manager/MS Endpoint Configuration Manager and integration with Intune for co-management of devices (laptops, desktop, mobile)
- Azure Virtual Desktop & VD
- Integration of services with Microsoft suite
- Cloud services
- Service oriented – Level 2
- Technical Skills – Level 1
- Communication – Level 1
- Strategic Thinking – Level 1
- Analytical Skills – Level 1
- Commercial Awareness – Level 2
- Managing Change & Innovation – Level 1
- Broad understanding and monitoring of market technology changes and emerging technologies – Level 1
- Capability to learn and understand emerging technology impact into our Sony landscape – Level 2
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, military status, status as a veteran or disabled veteran, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or family status, genetic information, medical condition, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local law, ordinance, or regulation.
Disability Accommodation for Applicants to Sony Corporation of America
Sony Corporation of America provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. For reasonable accommodation requests, please contact us by email at [email protected] or by mail to: Sony Corporation of America, Human Resources Department, 25 Madison Avenue, New York, NY 10010. Please indicate the position you are applying for.
As part of our commitment to health and safety, this position requires that the job candidate be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please note that an applicant will be considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose vaccine series (Pfizer or Moderna), or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine). The Company will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for documented medical reasons and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law. Please do not include proof of vaccine status or any indication of a possible request for an accommodation when submitting your application materials. If applicable, the Company will follow up with you directly to request proof of vaccination and to discuss any potential accommodations.