Fixed term contract with recruitment agency
The Medical Information Associate (MIA) provides technical and medical information with high degree of quality customer service in the local language. In addition the MIA will be responsible for researching and preparing responses for medical inquiries in English.
The MIA may also assist with secondline content management activities.
Frontline Medical Information Request Management
• Research and respond to inquiries received via phone, email, internet or mail within the required timelines and standards.
• Document the inquiry and response accurately and completely according to relevant Standard Operating Procedure (SOP)/ Work Instruction (WI), and regulatory guidelines.
• Identify and record, or triage to responsible designee, adverse events and product quality complaints as well as process fulfillment.
• Provide response in customer’s local language using approved resources in English.
Secondline Medical Information Content Management
• Exhibit broad knowledge of assigned therapeutic area and a solid understanding of pertinent disease state(s).
• Handle escalated MI inquiries from various sources.
• Create and maintain MI documents by ensuring that responses ae medically and scientifically accurate, balanced, and meet customers’ needs.
• Ensure the alignment of response documents to global/regional/local labeling and licensing for all the appropriate countries.
• Maintain compliance with corporate and departmental trainings, SOPs and WIs.
• Ensure continuity and quality of service for customers across all countries of cover by supporting Frontline Manager and relevant MI colleagues.
• Identify continuous improvement (CI) opportunities to improve processes and take an active role in implementation of process improvement.
• May be required to provide training and support to other team members.
• Represent MI in required Pfizer Country Office (PCO) activities and communicate with and raise awareness of MI to PCO and Business Units (BUs) which may include (but not limited to) the creation of reports, attendance at relevant meetings and training of PCO colleagues.
• May support the Country Relationship Manager (CRM) or act as CRM for a specific market(s)
• May participate in additional projects within MI.
• Act as a point of contact for other MI staff, ensure country specific data is relevant and up to date and MI is informed of any country based issues in a timely manner.
Medical Information (MI) EMEA is a customer-focused group within Worldwide Medical & Safety that is responsible for handling and responding to unsolicited medical inquiries regarding Pfizer products and devices, from customers that include consumers, healthcare professionals (HCPs) and internal Pfizer colleagues across EMEA. The MIA will report to the Frontline Manager within Medical Information EMEA.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Degree in a life science/healthcare field required
• Pharmacy Degree preferred
• 1-2 years of medical information or relevant work experience
• Customer Service experience
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
• Understanding of the regulatory and compliance issues relating to the medical function
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Demonstrated interpersonal skills
PHYSICAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
• May be required to work occasional bank holidays.
• May be required to work hours outside of the normal local working hours.
• Fluency in English and Czech language and ability to translate between the two
• Excellent customer service, verbal and written communication skills
• Telephony Systems
• Inquiry Management Systems
• Medical Writing
• Ability to work independently, prioritize and manage multiple tasks whilst meeting deadlines
• Makes good decisions in a timely manner
• Takes personal responsibility for own work, pushes self and others to exceed goals and deliver results
• Understands and can manage own strengths and limitations, and recognizes how others respond to their behaviors
• Demonstrates perspective and poise in the face of uncertainty and effectively gets things done amidst organizational change
• Establishes positive colleague relationships
Breakthroughs that change patients’ lives… At Pfizer we are a patient centric company, guided by our four values: courage, joy, equity and excellence. Our breakthrough culture lends itself to our dedication to transforming millions of lives.
Digital Transformation Strategy
One bold way we are achieving our purpose is through our company wide digital transformation strategy. We are leading the way in adopting new data, modelling and automated solutions to further digitize and accelerate drug discovery and development with the aim of enhancing health outcomes and the patient experience.
We aim to create a trusting, flexible workplace culture which encourages employees to achieve work life harmony, attracts talent and enables everyone to be their best working self. Let’s start the conversation!
Equal Employment Opportunity
We believe that a diverse and inclusive workforce is crucial to building a successful business. As an employer, Pfizer is committed to celebrating this, in all its forms – allowing for us to be as diverse as the patients and communities we serve. Together, we continue to build a culture that encourages, supports and empowers our employees.