Medical Advisor – Rare Diseases
At AstraZeneca, we put patients first and strive to meet their unmet needs worldwide. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. If you are swift to action, confident to lead, willing to collaborate, and curious about what science can do, then you’re our kind of person.
Within this position your responsibilities will include, providing medical and ethical support for assigned products, developing medical programs as part of the medical plan and coordinate and implement these in local territories. Also increasing the value of the brand for all stakeholders with organizing a participating in non-interventional studies, real-life outcome studies, and comparative effectiveness research.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To identify, develop and maintain collaborative relationships with external customers
- To develop and implement kols plans together with relevant cross-functional teams
- To implement and disseminate high quality medical and scientific education in the field – to give clinical and scientific presentations at sites and to key external audience including local decision makers and budget holders – in co-operation with local marketing, sales, and hospital management functions.
- To provide accurate medical/therapeutic area/product advice and information to internal and external customers for specified products/therapeutic areas (ta)
- To provide scientific and clinical input into key commercial initiatives - participation in all activities of relevant cross-functional team(s) including participation in preparation of relevant parts of marketing and brand plans
- To prepare medical programs//local territory medical tactics as part of strategic/operational/cycle marketing and medical plans and ensure implementation of it in the field
- To provide medical support of pre-launch activities of new ta development
- To ensure medical contribution and consultancy to hta manager on business opportunities analyses, health economy trials and models, outcome research, and comparative effectiveness research
- To assist and advise the marketing department in the preparation of promotional and training materials; to support sales & marketing training as a product/area expert in training sessions
- To deliver targeted internal training - to ensure preparation, execution and testing of medical education for relevant marketing & sales functions by himself/external consultants
- To ensure consultancy and support for key external customers and marketing & sales departments in medical objections handling process for specified products/ta
- To ensure medical and ethical integrity, excellence and compliance of all activities within given therapeutic area
- To ensure conduct of advisory boards in specified ta if needed
- To provide support to medical information, regulatory affairs and patient
- To keep up-to date knowledge in relevant areas of clinical and theoretical medicine by continuously reviewing relevant literature, monitoring competitors’ activities, networking with experts and attending both local & international conferences
- To ensure ad hoc management of competitors complaints in specified ta/products together with other relevant medical, marketing and compliance functions in mc
- To keep working level of knowledge in general medicine, health care systems, evidence-based medicine, pharmacovigilance, pharmacoepidemiology, pharmacoeconomic and outcome research
- To contribute to local clinical investigation program – to identify new opportunities, to prepare, implement and follow up on non-interventional studies, patient registries, investigator-initiated studies, pharmacoepidemiology trials and other medical-marketing projects related to specific ta/products
- To cooperate with local crr-cee operations to help to ensure medical science optimization of site selection across territory
- Medically qualified - university degree (graduate level) in medicine, pharmacology, natural or health sciences. Postgraduate degree in those areas or in business administration is an advantage.
- Clinical experience is an advantage.
- Minimum 3 years of marketing or sales or medical affairs or clinical development experience.
- Commercial awareness
- Confident & enthusiastic
- High level of knowledge in medicine generally and in areas mentioned above
- Motivation to learn
- Advanced communication and presentation skills
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to work with high amount of data
- Customer orientation (both externally and internally)
- Result oriented and focused
- Strong organizational and time management skills
WHAT WE OFFER?
- Innovative place to work
- Great team
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Continuous growing possibilities
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.
At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration, and always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development. We’re on an exciting journey to pioneer the future of healthcare.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
So, what’s next!
- Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you.
- Are you ready to bring new ideas and fresh thinking to the table? Brilliant! We have one seat available and we hope it’s yours
Where can I find out more?
- Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
- Inclusion & Diversity: https://careers.astrazeneca.com/inclusion-diversity
- Career Site: https://careers.astrazeneca.com/